I read recently that the Reason Foundation, a non-profit group asked the presidential hopefuls if they would sign on to the following idea – the Oath of Presidential Transparency:

If elected president, I will issue an executive order instructing the entire executive branch to make its spending data available to an online search engine.

Whoa – what a concept, eh?  Being able to pore through and see where all our taxpayer’s money is being spent?  It kind of sounds interesting – I mean, as a stockholder in a public company, I’m entitled to see reports on spending, income, etc.  Why not in the most public company of all?

To be fair, I can see some items needing protection in the interest of national security, but in general, I would think the more people are aware of where money is going, the more they’ll care where money is going.  If nothing else, it would reveal pork spending, “earmarks,” and maybe as a result politicians wouldn’t be so hungry to appease lobbyists if they knew their financial decisions were available for all to see.

What do YOU think?  Do you care where our money is spent?

btw, so far, the following candidates have signed the oath:

• Barack Obama
  • Ron Paul
  • Sam Brownback
  • Mike Gravel
  • Dennis Kucinich

I already had many reasons to like Obama over Hillary, but this is yet another.  I wonder if McCain has the cajones to follow suit?

“I already had many reasons to like Obama over Hillary, but this is yet another. I wonder if McCain has the cajones to follow suit?”

There you go again, making this a family unfriendly blog…

(Sorry. 😉 )

2. Absurdist says:

Huh? What? Where?

I have no idea what’s going on.

Poppy, omigosh! You’re totally right! The word “Hillary” should never be used in front of children!

Absurdist, Linux is open source unix. OpenOffice is open source Office. Asterisk is open source pbx. This oath makes for open source accounting in the white house.

Obama over Hillary. 😀

5. Absurdist says:

Black; woman. Black; woman. Black; woman.

God, I can’t decide.

I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and I don’t like too many women.

I’d have to say I am going with Obama. I guess.

6. Absurdist says:

BTW Wayne, the avatar was made through wee mee. That’s what Robin uses. I adore and worship Robin, and she sent me on over there.

It did take me a long time to make it, but now I can change it up and put cute little accessories and stuff on it…

So I certainly didn’t draw it from scratch. I ain’t THAT good.

🙂

Poppy, I get it now. and by that, I mean I get the joke 🙂

Absie, yeah now that it’s down between Obama, Hillary, McCain and Romney, no matter how you vote, you can be charged with 3 or 4 bigotries. If you don’t vote Obama, you’re a racist. If you don’t vote Hillary, you’re a sexist. If you don’t vote McCain, you’re an agist. If you don’t vote Romney, you’re a religious bigot.

And here’s my wee-mee.

Nice!

8. Absurdist says:

Cute. You got the eyes wrong. Yours are green. Better go change that.

Absurdist, actually, my eyes are hazel, and sometimes change to green based on … hmm, I don’t know. I just know sometimes they’re green, sometimes brown and sometimes brown-green. “breen” I guess.

Comment: