February
2008
4:05 am

reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated…
                          – LOLcats

I’ll be upfront.  I want your vote.  I want to go to Vegas.

Sure, the Presidential Primaries are going on right now and people are tired of hearing about change, hope, promises, campaigns, and mudslinging.  Well, instead of worrying about which scumbag (or scumbagette) to vote into office, VOTE FOR THE FUNNIEST POKER-RELATED LOLCAT!  Even more importantly – VOTE FOR MINE!

i can has vote

The great folks over at icanhascheezeburger are running a Poker Cats contest, and I want everyone to pull for me.  The contest is – submit a funny poker-related LOLcat and the person with the most votes wins a trip to vegas (air, hotel and some cash).

Here’s what you do: I want you to click on one or all of the following submissions and VOTE for my submissions.  And then I want you to tell your friends to vote for me.  Consider putting a link for this post in your weekly summary if you have one.  Rent me one of those banner airplanes over LA.  Let’s ROCK this vote.

Below please find the ones *I* submitted – click on the picture to go vote on your favorites, or go all out and be my best friend by voting for all of them.  Then tell your friends.   Then go dig up some dead people and have THEM vote (hey, it works for the politicians…)

And if you’re feeling a little spunky, tell me if you like any of them.  If you decide to enter the contest, let me know in the comments and I’ll vote for you too.

UPDATE: How to vote:

• Click on one or as many photos as you like – you can only vote once PER PHOTO, but you’re free to vote once PER PHOTO; in fact, that’s my preference!
  • When you see the photo at the icanhascheezeburger site, there will be five (5) cheeseburgers just above the photo.  This is how you “rate” the photo from one to five cheeseburgers (long story, don’t ask).  Just click once on the right-most cheeseburger to vote and rate it a “5”.  It should increment the total number of votes that photo has.
    how to vote

Here you go!

tree stax fo hai society - i has dem

what happens in vegas stays in vegas lolcats

poker face, I has it

lissen here da ting, if u can't spot da suxor...

chek i says

lays down a monster

oh noes aa loses to 23

I voted!!!!! 🙂

2. Absurdist says:

Of course I will vote for all of them! Now, you want to go to Vegas for the 35th time, why? Oh yea, right. You have a gambling addiction. I forgot. 🙂

Not if you paid me. I do not support this LOLCat behavior at all.

Well, maybe if you paid me.

Are you offering to pay me?

4. Foxy Coxey says:

I love these cats… How can I play??? I vote Yes!!!!! To Vegas and beyond!

5. Lepp Fan says:

Okay I voted! I did end up getting the bunny one to work too. Hope you win! 🙂

I’m with Dave2, what’s it worth to you, Wayne? Though I’d pretty much only be able to bring myself to vote for the bunny — just wish it were, well, funny….

7. Toben says:

Voted for them all man….but what was with all the “z” and other street thug vernacular?

Poppy, I’m happy!

Absurdist, hey, if it were an addiction, I wouldn’t rely on trying to win a contest to get there. An addict would sell their kids, house, and beg their friends to vote for them. Oh wait…

Dave2, I’m absolutely insulted that you thought I would stoop to bribes! I will not condone any bribery in any form whatsoever.

Unless you’re saying you’d take a bribe.

Will you take a bribe? Let’s talk…

Foxey Coxey, glad you made it by the blog! We miss you, but the good news is… if we win… we’ll visit you since you’re there in Vegas already. I updated the instructions in the entry above to better explain ICHC’s voting process.

Lepp Fan, thanx for your support.

Ren, I’d be forever grateful, or forget about it the day after the contest, whichever comes first. Buy you a beer at pool league tonight if you vote AND tell 3 other people about it and get them to vote. We’ll be on the “honor system,” which means you’ll honor the request and I’ll put the beer “honor” tab.

Toben, thanx for the support! “LOLcats speak” is a phenomenon all by itself. Anil Dash explains it well, and then there’s the Bible Translation Project if you want to try to “give back” to the community. Here’s a sample from the book of Job:

In teh land of Uz wuz a man calded Job. Teh man wuz goodz, wif respeck fur teh Ceiling Cat and hated evilz. Teh man hadz seven sunz and tree doters, And lots of sheepz and camlez and rinoceruseses and servnts, srsly

It took a while, but I voted for all of them. Maybe I’ll send some more voters your way tomorrow.

OK, I voted for your bunny.

I also voted 1 cheeseburger for a couple of front-runners. (Once I was across the line, I was firmly across it.)

Avi, THAT’s the spirit? Where do I send the check again?

Ren, while I applaud your helpful attitude and nature, it’s unclear if voting “low” on a cat will hurt or help. the rules actually only say “the picture with the most votes” and doesn’t mention ranking. So it would appear that a low-ranked vote and a high-ranked vote count the same, so.. .please, nobody follow Ren on that.. 🙂

12. Jennefer says:

I did my part and voted for the cool cats. I really adored two of them above the others, so didn’t vote for all 5 – but rocked a 5 cheeeeeeeeeeeseburger vote on 2 of em. Wow, 5 cheeseburgers = Gallonburger w/lots of cheese. *giggles*

13. martin lamas says:

Cool cats all got my votes. gl

14. hellohahanarf says:

good luck to you! (ok, i am off to vote for you now)

15. Topncal says:

All voted for good luck!

16. Sonja Foust says:

I voted when I saw your comment on lolcats, actually. Thanks for stopping my my blog and voting for my cat too!

Comment: