Yeah, so well I lost.  It’s still on my mind.  I can’t believe I got shut out on my first try.

Sure, both of us had some issues with the calibration of the wireless guitars on the HD setup, but at least it was a fair disadvantage.  It’s not like just one of us had a messed up guitar or something.

wayne bites the big one

Yup, the picture says it all – I bit the big one.

I was supposed to go on at 7:01 but they had a bunch of technical difficulties, so my match wasn’t until ~7:30 or so.  Most of the matches before us were easy decisions – one person getting 120,000 points and their opponent getting 40,000.  These folks just weren’t well matched up.  There was one match on Medium where one person got 45,500 and the other person got 45,800 – now THAT’S CLOSE!

My personal match was Pat Benetar’s Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and after a rough start we ended up neck and neck, with me scoring 118k and him scoring 120k.

ARGH!  This is so frustrating!  I *know* I could beat him.  I kept thinking of a way back in – is there a second chance bracket?  Can I compete at Expert level instead?  Can I buy my way back in?  BEST TWO OUT OF THREE?!?!?! COME ON!

So, let’s focus on other things.

For one, there’s a lively discussion going on at my FairTax Calculator post

Secondly, there’s some evidence that the media is actually treating Hillary like a Republican – a Reuters photographer took and posted the following photo:

Usually the Democrats don’t get such treatment in the headlines.   But just as I wouldn’t want this kind of photo done of a Republican, I feel sorry for Hillary.  One wonders if the Obama campaign “had this photo done and leaked” like some charge the Clinton campaign of the photo of Obama in a turban.  Blah Blah Blah, Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary’s cheating, Obama has no experience, Hillary has 35 years, blah blah blah – it goes in one ear and out the other.

Lessee, what else.  Oh yeah – I’m going to an Astrological Retreat for the weekend.  For me personally, it means sleep, rest, playing and no kids, no work, no responsibilities other than getting the spouse to and from the conference.  This will be the first “retreat” of its kind for me in a long time.  So far, I plan on filling it with possibly playing with Vista and VMWare more and maybe catching up on blogs and playing around on the internet.  Maybe I’ll work on our taxes (given the FairTax being on my mind).

What do you think I should do with my much-needed time off?

That’s kinda the one song I would NOT want to get because it’s just TOO slow to get into…

I’d rather have a faster song that keeps my brain entertained.

Sorry you lost. 🙁

PS – If it makes you feel any better(?) I was supposed to go to a Wii party tonight but the guy with the Wii is MIA so… no Wiii. 🙁

The Democrats do get that treatment in the headlines, too. Don’t act like the Republicans get victimized.

4. Raganator says:

I think you should spend your time off finding more funny animal photos!

5. NYCWD says:

Ah dude! Sorry to hear this… I know what it feels like though… back in the Qualifiers for the 2003 MechWarrior Qualifiers I had to go through 4 opponents undefeated… and then I had a face off with a guy I had beaten because I lost on some critical rolls and we ended with even points… and THEN with 3 minutes left I made a Death from Above attempt… and rolled fucking Snake Eyes. He beat me by 10 points which was easily his unit value had I made that move and connected.

Then… there was 2004… but that’s a different story… just as your next tournament will be for you.

6. Absurdist says:

Are you sure his name wasn’t Lucifer?

God, not the fair tax again. I support it, but all those weirdos are going to come back again!

Poppy, yeah I would much preferred something faster / less boring, if I can say that. Like if it was the first song on GH2. I would have liked Barracuda or Cliffs of Dover or Cult of Personality…

Avi, oh come on. How often do you see negative headlines of democratic figures when they include the word ‘democrat’? Not often. But every day you will see the term ‘GOP’ or ‘Republican’ or ‘Conservative’ paired with the negative headline. When the headline involves a democrat, they’ll conveniently use the title (senator, congressman, representative) instead of party (liberal, democrat). Do you see if differently?

Raganator, too late. I got sucked into the teachings and decided not to vegg. I’m learning about Hellenistic (traditional) astrology with one multi-published author (Joseph Crane) and a few highly accomplished astrologers. We’re out at this spiritual center in the country and spend most of the day in a Zen Do 🙂 there are cats however – it’s amazing the coyotes leave them alone!

Dawg, I’ve not played MW but I can imagine how chance (you mentioned dice) can screw things up. I will do better next time!

Abs, the fairtax discussion over at http://fairtaxabsurdity.blogspot.com has heated up. It’s been fun but I think I’ll give up trying to have a conversation.

Awww, man, I need video of you playing Cliffs of Dover! Make it happen!!!!!!

Comment: