As I mentioned before, Guitar Hero is on the brain this week.

Recently a friend called me and said “did you hear about that guy who was put into the Guiness Book of World Records for Guitar Hero?” and sure enough I google it and find out about a 16yr old named Chris Chike who currently holds the top score for any Guitar Hero song.  The song is the fast and furious “Through the Fire and Flames” by DragonForce.

I went and looked for it on youtube and holy crap, that’s one freakin’ fast song.

Too bad the video is from a cell phone or whatever, but DANNNNNNGGGGGG.

So Caitlin (13yr old daughter) and I got thinking — what if we played the song in multiplayer on expert?  We wouldn’t get kicked off the stage, and we could see who could sight-read the song the best.  Yes, I said SIGHT READ.  THE SONG.  THE BEST.  I’m talking about that nigh impossible song in the video above.

Let’s just say she SMOKED me.

guitar hero through the fire and flames dragonforce screenshot

Seventy Percent?!?!?!?  On a SIGHT READ?  That’s CRAZY.

guitar hero through the fire and flames dragonforce

Um, yeah.  Player One (that would be me) totally bit compared to Player Two.  Well, except for 3% of the time.

UPDATE: Oh, did I mention I went ahead and got GH3 for the Wii now?  Thanx Dave2 for the gentle reminder.  For now we have one controller but I’m sure we’ll get a second one before too long.

Time to go back to the playing… and building up my groupies on guitarhero.com

guitarhero.com groupies

Wait a second… you got the Wii version after all?

Dave2, oooh, yeah, forgot to mention that here. Post is now updated. Thanx for the reminder.

(although, true stalkers would know I purchased it last night from twitter and my comment on Sunday’s post)

3. Absurdist says:

You must be taking my advice about delegating, because you sure have a lot of time to play GH since the old days of you NEVER being home.

4. Hilly says:

I’m never going to be that good…I have a hard time using my pinkie finger cause my hands are surprisingly small.

5. Hahahaha! You should see ME play! One of my biggest fantasies is to have been born a Heart sister and get up on stage in leather and play the guitar. So you’d think Guitar Hero would be one step toward entertaining that fantasy. But it only serves to remind me what a joke that would be! 🙂

Abs, I took your advice about delegating in 2006. And it’s appreciated.

Hilly, practice trumps genetics

BlondeBlogger, if I were to disclose fantasies about Heart sisters, it wouldn’t involve a stage.

7. I think you left a bold code unbolded….let me see if this helps:

Testing, testing…

8. Nope…didn’t help, lol.

Anyway, ROFL @ your Heart fantasy!!!

BlondeBlogger fixed now… I had a b/ where /b shoulda been.

10. I played this game once but I stopped because I forgot my log-in details. The games was nice and good graphics.

Comment: