May
2008
5:52 pm

I hope you had a good Memorial Day.  Do you remember what Memorial Day is for?  And how it’s different from Veteran’s Day?  Good, I knew you did.

Cabling update

In the beginning, there was a cabling project, phase 1, with a before picture of spaghetti sneeze.  Then there was a phase 2, with a before picture that took where the last one left off.  This brings us to Phase 3.

Behold the new after pictures

Many thanks go our our new temp Alex, who pulled an all-nighter or two to help me out with this project.  Of course, yesterday during the Memorial Day holiday, one of the switches failed, meaning many of those yellow cables needed to be restrung to other switches with no thought as to aesthetics.  At least the new switch will be here tomorrow so I can re-set those cables.

Next project?  This server rack:

next cabling project

Best of LOLcats

Which is your favorite(s)?

lolcats wait hugs before you go?

lolcats zebra looks good but fattening

lolcats muscle brains

lolcats coolness i has it

lolcats come on man my mouth was open and everything

lolcats sarcastic symphony

lolcats first day of school dreams

1. amanda says:

Damn…it’s a tie between coolness i has it…and waaaayt hug? haha

amandas last blog post..I am back…arent you happy Obama supporters!

Because I’m curious and just don’t get it… do you literally “laugh out loud” when you see these LOLCats?? I mean, I look at some of them… like the first one… and think “that’s a cute picture”… but funny?!? I have yet to look at any of these and find them mildly amusing… let alone “laugh out loud” funny. I guess I just don’t have a sense of humor. 🙁

Dave2s last blog post..Reaction

Amanda, yeah, me too!

Dave2, why yes, for the ones I put here as “Best of LOLcats” I do laugh out loud. So many of them on the various sites are so-so at best, or a hrmph, or possibly a ‘meh’, so that’s why I summarize and cream-of-the-cropify them for you all.

4. Raganator says:

The hugzzzz fo shizzle

5. Raganator says:

Dave,

I laugh out loud at some of them and even go back several times a day to look at them again.
    But then again I work with 9th graders so it doesn’t take much to make me laugh!

Nice cabling job there. One of my server rooms looks like your next project. Very unorganized (it was done over 5 years ago, before I started). I’m a stickler when it comes to being organized.

As for the LOL cats, this one was my favorite:

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #6

7. metalmom says:

I am guilty of the sarcastic symphony. I’m playing it for Dave and his lack of LOL right now!

*Check your mail.

metalmoms last blog post..Monster Trucks

The back of the entertainment console in my family room looks like a small version of that server rack. Want to come clean it up? 🙂

Rens last blog post..Anniversary Dinner at Truluck’s

9. BlondeBlogger says:

I LOVE LOL Cats! And with dial-up, I stopped opening my emails to see them because it just takes too long. I was supposed to get high speed today and that was one of the things that I was looking forward to (but as you know, they bumped me….they deserve to die!) Anyway, I love that you have them here so I don’t miss the best of them. That hugz one? OH MY GOSH!! Sooo adorable!!!!

Raganator, ahh, high school. takes me back. to high school.

martymankins, I saw that one but didn’t feel it qualified for my Best of series. I barely ‘meh’ed on it.

metalmom, ooh, good one “lack of LOL” He’s hypoLOLgenic.

Ren, is that your way of asking me to pass Guitar Hero on expert for you?

BlondeBlogger, congrats on your impending broadband! I work for a broadband provider/aggregator so know the hassles of scheduling very well. Hugz!

11. Tug says:

Will you come clean up my computer wires please? They’re making my eyes cross…

Tugs last blog post..Just a funny

Comment: