June
2008
8:15 pm

Lots of people are doing vlogs nowadays, so I figured I’d better join in at some point.  You know, one of those “if everyone was jumping off a cliff” type of thing.  I can’t wait until more people win the lottery, because I’ll probably just join along, knowing me.

I’ve not done one before, so be gentle.  I’m also wondering, if I continue, will I make the vlog as part of my Sunday posting tradition, or will it be something separate?  Stay tuned and we’ll both find out.

Topics covered

• First. VLOG. evar.
  • Got a new puppy (Luna)
  • Beat “One” on Guitar Hero III on Expert
  • Showing off my blog shirts
  • Taking Caitlin to her pet sitting interview
  • Using a blackberry to read blogs
  • Complaining about camera battery life

You remind me of my friend Jerry and my friend Dave2 mixed into one person named after my brother. Far-eaky.

Poppys last blog post..ohmygawwhataboringpostbutLOOKthere’sacategoryforthat!

2. One more day til dial up is installed and I can enjoy posts like this….squeee!!! You got a new puppy??????? Pictures, please!!!

I was fully expecting your favorite T-shirt to have an LOLCat on it! Those were much cooler. 🙂

Dave2s last blog post..Bullet Sunday 83

4. Hilly says:

Your future’s so bright, you’ve got to wear shades! And unread? How dare I be unread? 😉

Hillys last blog post..I Hear In My Mind, All Of These Words….

5. metalmom says:

You want me to be happy with every vlog you make? MORE NUDITY!!!……Um, not yours……just in general….’kay?

metalmoms last blog post..What Loyalty?

You keep your t-shirts on hangers?

Avitables last blog post..Survey says

Poppy I take it Jerry is the good looking one since Daves is so smart and creative.

Blondeblogger, I can honestly say I didn’t expect “squeeing” or “squeege” to be part of the responses to my first vlog, but I’ll take it. Dial-up must be HORRIBLE for you. I haven’t been on dial-up since… sheesh, 1997! Sounds like I should organize myself a little broadbandiversary.

Dave2, I have a lot of cool shirts, but sadly, no LOLcat shirts. I do, however, have plans to make a NOLA shirt someday. But now I see you can buy them online, maybe I won’t bother.

Hilly, I figured you’d faint when you heard you were on the same level as Scott Adams. And seriously – you’re one of the blogs I can’t easily read on the BB. I save you for the ‘puter.

metalmom, I believe I had a full frontal nudity shot in there. Look again. Right around 0:38.

Avi, yeah, I didn’t realize until now that it might look strange. I started doing that probably about 3 years ago – needed more room for shorts, so I took out ALL the t-shirts and hung them up. They really feel a lot better, all non-wrinkly and whatnot, and it’s a heckuva lot easier to find the t-shirt I want to wear. I hated having to re-tidy the tshirt drawers after searching.

and here I thought your question-as-a-comment would be “you do laundry?”

8. NYCWD says:

You should totally get paid for plugging NewsGator.

At least in t-shirts.

NYCWDs last blog post..Stick The Fork In Hillary Clinton

nice beginning to the Vlog world. Looks like Adam already beat me to the “you keep your t-shirts on dry cleaner hangers?” comment. Of course, the next obvious question is: “Do you send your t-shirts out to be dry cleaned?”

I will soon follow in the copycat mode of doing a Vlog. Working on my leaders and other various other items I want to add to Vlog #1

martymankinss last blog post..How I Spent My Time Getting a Free Song

10. Tug says:

WIRE.

HANGERS.

(I hang my t-shirts also)

Tugs last blog post..Happy Dance!

(When I have a closet to hang them in I also hang my t-shirts.)

Poppys last blog post..I come from the land of protest, therefore I naturally have one.

NYCWD, that would be great, actually. Then I could advertise for them. I would even do a vlog to that effect – wearing the shirt, using the app… If you’re listening, NewsGator, send a 2XL collared shirt.

martymankins, no, I don’t dryclean my tshirts, but I do hang them. There was a time when I did the ‘clean and fold’ that this one place did per pound, and it made sense. Doesn’t any more. And my advice on your first vlog? make it bad like mine, so you set low expectations 🙂

Tug, aren’t t-shirts lots better when hung?

Poppy, I’m glad I’m not as alone as I thought I was.

13. Tug says:

I was going to say something, but it could appear vulgar, so I’ll just bite my tongue. 😉

Tugs last blog post..Happy Dance!

14. Okay…I have my high speed and I watched the video….woo hooo! Only it froze halfway and I thought that wouldn’t happen to me anymore. ugh!

Tug, bite away! (keeps us both out of trouble) 🙂

BlondeBlogger WELCOME TO THE PRESENT, BB!

16. sourpuss says:

Yay! That was a great first vlog! I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to more of them (if that’s what you decide).

But you left me hanging… what was the outcome of the petsitting interview?

I’m on the fence with rechargeables. With my Fuji cam I bought a Duracell charger with rechargeable batteries & it was awful. They took forever to charge & never lasted long. But when I got my Nikon, I got a charger and rechargeable Nikon batteries with it in the box and they’re amazing!

sourpusss last blog post..Abandonment

17. Karl says:

Yeah, the batteries thing blows. Still, that’s a pretty good picture you get with the cam. My webcam has a lag, so I look all slow and stuttery.

Karls last blog post..This is Dedicated to Lisa

I sent some LOL Whalls for this one too, better late than never.
    Seven of them, believe it or not.
    Clearly I need counseling.
    Or maybe I just need a good night’s sleep.
    Gee, look, it’s 3:30 in the morning here in Michigan.

Jannas last blog post..The stinky mystery is solved

sourpuss thanx much – for the petsitting, the result is she watched the dog for the week, got paid and everyone’s very happy! and the rechargables deserve a Nobel prize.

Karl, I’m sure if I used a webcam, I too would have issues. This is a samsung digital camera and then I just take the video and import it in.

Janna your counseling homework is to make more of these EVERY SINGLE TIME I POST A DITL.

Enjoy!