Another week. Time flies when you’re in a time machine.

WHALL-E 3.0

You might think you need to see Wall-E this summer.

whall-e

Well, you do.  But you also don’t want to MISC my very own WHALL-E-versary 3.0!  That’s right – as I mentioned last week, I’m coming up on my 3rd anniversary of blogging and my 1st anniversary of this weekly series.  The problem was, I couldn’t figure out what I should do. One of the commenters mentioned that I should give him a gift since he’s been such a loyal commenter.  That got me thinking – who has been commenting a lot? So I checked.

whall.org top commenters by june 208

I also took notice that 5 of the top commenters are “real-life” friends (Absurdist, Jennefer, Ren, Christine, Raganator).  The rest (Poppy, Avitable, Dave2, sue, sourpuss, Hilly, martymankins, and BlondeBlogger) I believe I would enjoy having as real-life friends.  I like how that works out.

Quick analysis also reveals that I have four long-term commenters and three total newbies.  That seems to be a good mix.

But then the question comes – do I care about the number of comments?  Is that what’s important?  Or is it the content?  Maybe the tone?  Are they encouraging?  Do they bring humor?  Wit?  A challenging point of view?

One thing is for certain and that is – I absolute do not care that they agree with me politically, spiritually, technologically or in any way whatsoever.  The people on my top commenters chart are diametrically opposed to me in a multitude of ways.  But fortunately for me, those differences aren’t what defines us.  It’s not what we focus on.

I’m coming up on 2500 comments some time soon.  I have a few loyal commenters.  I love writing in the blog.  I’d love more comments and more commenters.  I wanna do something, but I just don’t know what.

I recently read that it is Blog Reader Appreciation Week and how fitting that it somewhat coincide with my WHALL-e-versary 3.0?  I wanna do something but I just don’t know how.

I don’t have a budget for prizes.  But I am creative and I can carve out time here and there.  So the 13 loyal commenters can choose one of the following list as their prize.   Just email me at whall at my domain name (whall.org) and tell me which one you want!

1. Guest post on your blog if you have one
  2. Lunch on me if you’re in town
  3. Custom poetry and art work, framed
  4. Astrology: Natal Chart & Solar Return for the year and a brief analysis
  5. One of my available Dilbert or Calvin & Hobbes comic books
  6. Five mp3’s off of Amazon.com (assuming I can get the ones you want)

Yay!  congrats, winners!

Oh, and also, the first five commenters on this post who AREN’T in the list can also win.   That way you new kids who have recently joined in the fun can also join in the prize fun.

Best of LOLcats

lolcats dog looks pissed

lolcats any moment last forever this one

lolcats invisible pickle jar

lolcats thriller kitty

lolcats stupid humans couch on fire

lolcats curious kitty ruins photo op

Okay, the pickle jar one was funny. And I’d totally take a Wayne Hall guest post.

Avitables last blog post..Lazy Sunday??

2. Absurdist says:

I am the all time high commenter. I can’t remember being it, but I am. Go Chelle.

Absurdists last blog post..Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I’m not listed in the Newbies?
    WTF, dude?
    I’ll try not to take that personally.
    Actually I stopped by to let you know that you’re mentioned in my will. No really…. Stop by and see.

Jannas last blog post..Manic Monday: Will

4. Tug says:

Ooh…I would SO love #4 – not that I deserve to be the ‘newbie’ chosen or anything…but um…you make me laugh? You’re awesome? I could SO put you in my will like Janna did? Whatcha’ want dude…name it.

hee 😉

Tugs last blog post..The shock & surprise of it all

5. Awww! How sweet are you??? I would be honored to have you guest post for me. Any time that’s good for you is good for me! (And I’d love to have you as a ‘real life” friend too!)

6. sourpuss says:

1. I cannot wait to see Wall-E this summer! If the trailer is any indication, it’s going to be great!
    2. I am hugely flattered that you think you might enjoy having me as a real life friend – the feeling’s mutual!
    3. It’s really generous of you to offer prizes to your commenters.
    4. Thriller kitty & Curious kitty amuse me to no end!

sourpusss last blog post..Stay away from my underpants!

7. Michelle says:

I realize I was left outta yer list there ‘cuz I don’t comment all the time (I mean, why ELSE would you leave me outta it?! :o) but I agree, it isn’t the amount of comments you get.

Am I a bad person for not commenting every time I read? ‘Cuz I read every post you have, and everyone else for that matter that’s on my feed.

We keep coming back, that must mean your content, tone, wit etc are worthwhile.

Or hell, maybe it IS the LOLcats. ;o)

Michelles last blog post..Last (and most amusing) sailor story of this year.

Wait a second… did you just call me old?

Dave2s last blog post..Bullet Sunday 85

Avi, one whallitable post, coming up. However, I should warn you that it may take me a while to get a decentectomy and then when I recover from that, I’ll have to proceed to get my tact and societal filters removed. I hope it’s reversible!

Abs, there is no spoon.

Janna (Winner #1), the comment you just left did two things. 1) it won you a prize, so you need to pick which prize you want. 2) it got you up to 5 comments for 2008 so far. The newbies listed had 30+ comments, but they’ve only commented in 2008, so I call them newbies. If their comments had sucked, I would have called them boobies.

Tug (winner #2), COOL! I was hoping someone would actually pick the astrology option. I’ll be getting the info I need to you in a separate email.

BlondeBlogger, guest post it is. I promise to use a different theme that Avi’s guest post. Unless…

sourpuss, so…. what prize did YOU want?

Michelle (Winner #3), No, you’re not a bad person – I knew that I didn’t want to just reward people who happened to have the time to comment frequently, so I also decided to reward the first 5 commenters on this post. Plus, for you, I still have your domain ready and waiting and I can move you over to wordpress for you… I did the same for Metalmom. So, since you are a winner, which one do you want?

Dave2, no, I called you an oldtimer. And oldtimer with cheese, which happens to be one of my favorite things.

Well, it looks like four of the five prizes are taken. Who will be the fifth?

10. Tug says:

Are you SERIOUS? OMG, I think I love you! hee…

Tugs last blog post..The shock & surprise of it all

and oops, I meant THREE of the five prizes are taken.

Wayne… I’ll be a newbie. Maybe by the 4th Whall-o-versary, I’ll be an oldtimer. And yeah, regardless of differences, we do have enough in common to throw back a few (if I find myself in Texas again someday)

As for the prize, I’ll take a guest post on my blog. It’s the prize that will keep on giving (or commenting). It may be later on in the summer, so you have some time to prepare for it (and guest blog for the other winners that took the same prize)

martymankinss last blog post..The Lazy MoFo Mosaic Meme

13. Wayne says:

Hey, it looks like I’m #5! Yaa! I win! I’ll take lunch!

How funny, we both started 3 years ago and hadn’t met until recently. Weird……….

Robins last blog post..Happy Third Blogaversary

martymankins, guest post it is. Would you prefer a gushy piece about how sad it is that Obama lost to McCain in November (I prefer to think ahead) or how awesome it is that gas prices are so high because finally we’re sticking it to those evil SUV owners?

Wayne (Winner #4), after a quick email conversation between us, we’ve realized that I’m in Texas and he’s a little further north. So lunch is probably out and I’m awaiting his 2nd choice. I think you should win anyway for having such a cool name.

Robin (Winner #5), the blog world is huge indeed (TWKS).

Hmm, now that we have all the winners specified, maybe the comment love fest will die down. So tell you what, for all the people who comment on this post from now until midnight Thursday, June 19th, you’ll be entered into a random drawing. I’ll give out five (5) more prize choices of the above.

16. Hilly says:

Wait so…do I get to “pull a Whall” and comment on all of your old entries too?

😉

Hillys last blog post..Pick Out Your Cloud….

Those are my only choices? I guess we’ll go with the post on gas prices because I’d have to heavily edit a McCain winning post…. 😉

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #9 – Father’s Day Edition

“INVISIBLE STUCK PICKLE JAR” -> “I WANT TO EAT YOUR BRAINS…”

Note that this doesn’t mean that I like this LOLcat, just that this caption occurred to me.

I haven’t chosen a prize yet….

Rens last blog post..2nd Annual Friends Bed-n-Brew Bike Ride

19. LOL! Whatever you’d like to do. I’m thrilled you’ll be writing anything at all.

Do the winning commenters get entry into the second contest too? ‘Cause I’m greedy like that. 🙂

How cool, thanks!

Robins last blog post..Happy Third Blogaversary

21. Raganator says:

Congrats on reaching such a milestone. Your LOL cats have made my week more than once this year.
    I love the thriller and the hug ones the best.
    You have definitely entertained us and made us think.
    Keep up the great work and see ya at pool

22. Raganator says:

Oh yeah, I also want to go to see wall-e

23. sourpuss says:

Hmmm… I was going to say “no prize necessary” but now that I think about it, I’ll go with the Astrology thingy.
    [Unfortunately, I will probably never be in town, so lunch is out. 🙁 And, while I am curious about the poetry & artwork, I have visions of a limerick and a girl from Nantucket!]
    Thanks!

sourpusss last blog post..Stay away from my underpants!

24. Winter says:

Veddy cool. And I like the LOL Cats. I have LOL cats in my house, I just need to caption them. And since it’s Blog Reader Appreciation week, even though I didn’t win here, you can win at my blog! How cool is that? And like Marty, maybe next year I’ll be on your list. Happy blogiversary!

Winters last blog post..Mega Monday

Aww, you like me IRL! hehe.

I’ve actually thought the same thing about you, particularly now that I can see you talking in videos. You look unpsycho and friendly.

It amuses me that Adam hates the LOLcats but still takes the time to look at them.

Poppys last blog post..Time to close eyes? FAIL.

Seriously?
    Like, Dilbert or Calvin & Hobbes?
    I think I already have every Calvin & Hobbes book that ever existed, but am still working on my Dilbert collection, so hey. Throw it at me, babe. 🙂 And thank you.
    P.S. did you get my e-mail about the website stuff?

Jannas last blog post..Thinking Quietly

27. metalmom says:

I’m glad I “met” you. I dream of you often. In these dreams I am worshipping at your feet,you Adonis of a man.

I know, I don’t win anything, but a little sucking up never hurts.*slurp*

28. sue says:

Ooo… I really commented more last year, huh? Oh, wait.. we’re only 1/2 way into this year. See? I still have time. 🙂 I think I would like you as a real-life friend, too! Isn’t it nice when it works out that way.
    Shoot. No prize. *shrug* Oh, well. Coming here and reading my name in underlines in prize enough. 😉

sues last blog post..Fam-Damily

Unless, of course, you were totally joking about the whole prize thing, in which case I feel like an idiot….

Jannas last blog post..Janku 4

30. sourpuss says:

I just now noticed that itty bitty smiley face at the bottom of the page!

sourpusss last blog post..Weekend recappage

31. Justin says:

KITTYCAT!!!!

32. A-kasser says:

Those kitty pics are hilarious 🙂

Comment: