High-dee-ho, neighbor!

wayne's 3-minute ditl day in the life

Episode #5 contains these tidbits:

• Taking food to Caitlin at UT Band Camp (cameo by Jaden)
  • Wayne’s Patented Head Rub
  • Why choose organic?
  • Can you multitask?
  • The Pen Is Mighter Than the Sword, or is it?
  • iz a guitar hero
  • Jonathan Coulton
  • Carbon Footprint
  • Low Fuel
  • Caitlin’s Band Camp
  • Wayne’s Patented Head Rub (reprise)
  • Bonus Footage: Wayne with Bob Rob Rod Phill Bill Gordon

Bonus task: Can you spot the irony?  First person to spot the well-hidden irony between this post and the previous post involving the Bonus Footage gets… um, $5.

All in 3 minutes or less! (excluding introductions, credits and bonus footage)

Note: background music supplied unknowingly by the fantastic duo of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, key stalwarts that make up Steely Dan, off their latest album Everything Must Go. The track I used portions of is Lunch With Gina. Pick this music up if you can – it is amazingly good.

1. Bucky says:

“You can see me talking! Blah, blah,blah…”

Hilarious man. Loved it. 🙂

Buckys last blog post..Time To Put A Cork In It

2. Miss Britt says:

I love how you introduce yourself half way through the video. LOL

BTW – what does DITL stand for?

Miss Britts last blog post..I Went To NYC And All I Got Was 1248 Pictures Of Buildings

I just got a new video camera and I might have to steal this concept. I will offer you royalties in the sum of zero dollars and zero cents. You have three seconds to reject this offer or it shall be considered a binding contract.

Avitables last blog post..AlphAvitable

I am shocked that you managed to get through your multitasking segment without getting a Blue Screen of Death on your Zune. “If it’s Microsoft, it’s got to be good!”

Dave2s last blog post..DaveCock

Hey! No category or tag for DITL? FAIL! I wanted to go back and revisit episode one, but am not about to go digging for it… I might run into one of those LOLCats!!

Dave2s last blog post..DaveCock

Bucky, originally it had a Simpsons throwback from “this is my voice, on… teeveeee” but I decided this one was better.

Miss Britt, DUGH. And DITL is “Day In The Life”. And you are spending 3 minutes with Wayne’s DITL. Alternative meanings are “Did It Take Long” or “Don’t I Thrust Luckily” or “DITL Is The (recursive) Loop”.

Avi, I don’t need your money. Just send the camera. And some money.

Dave2 #1, Nope, much to your chagrin, my Zune, Vista, and Office 2007 are all humming along swimmingly. I have been having problems with Windows Movie Maker recently, and I don’t know if it’s due to new codecs I installed or what. But I’m still happy with it. And I’m glad that grates you.

Dave2 #2, oh and I fixed the category tag. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, here’s the LOLcat you ordered.

7. metalmom says:

That’s all you did and you called it multitasking????
    Call me when you can cook, clean, do laundry, change diapers,look good, talk to the mother-in-law on the phone, and fart at the same time!

metalmoms last blog post..Perspective

8. Gino says:

you sure that wasnt drew carey?

i’m a constant multitasker: i can drink coffee,smoke a cigarette, and read a blog at the same time.
    and i can drive a car, smoke, and listen to the radio, get this… at the same time. i kid you not.
    but i gave up jogging twenty yrs ago,though. the ashes kept getting in my eyes.

Ginos last blog post..eh?

The bonus footage got me. Pretty dang funny.

Each time I see your DITL, I want to do one of my own (TWKS)

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #11 – Post Wedding Edition

10. Dragon says:

How do I get a patented Wayne head rub?

Blog – Bludgeon, sounds about right.

Dragons last blog post..Raspberry & Watermelon Sparkling Ice Tea

11. Does the patented head rub work on women? And the hidden irony….that you’re low on fuel after talking about your carbon footprint?

12. I like your DITL video blogs. I’m going to steal this one day when I get enough nerve to talk to a camera.

I’m with you on all the expensive organic products, but I just discovered organic wine. It costs the same and doesn’t give you a hangover.

student teachers last blog post..Why Did I Write That? First Edition.

“Um, DUH.”

*giggle*

I want to see you ROCK OUT with GH! And, btw, I’m listing GH as one of my interests on my resume. 😀

Poppys last blog post..postless

Blogging… bludgeoning…
    OMG, you’re right…

Jannas last blog post..Hopefully Kermit will forgive me

metalmom, oh I can do all THAT, pshaw! (heh)

Gino, so, I take it you’re a smoker?

martymankins, Each time I see my DITL, I want another one (TWKS).

Dragon, hmm. I also just realized that Bludgeon anagrams into Dune Blog. And I’m quite the Dune fanatic. I think I have an idea…

BlondeBlogger, good guess, but no. The irony is specific to my post about Creative Leadership. Tip: it’s specific to my criticisms of his presentation.

student teacher, steal a.way…. steal a.way… steal a.wayy… the night (Ozzy). I wish I could get “the night” to rhyme with something related to the DITL.

Poppy, We just got GH Aerosmith, so I will have some opportunity real soon. But I feel unworthy when I see other guitar hero videos that are so awesome

Janna, why thank you. And THANK YOU FOR THIS BATCH OF LOL WHALLS!!!!!

AWESOME!

Why don’t you have a webfeed for your comments? Your replies deserve to be seen! I can’t handle anymore email…

Dave2s last blog post..Money

17. I thought I’d gotten it right! That’s what you said in your email to me, or at least I thought you were referring to that. Now I want to know what I was right about (and am laughing at the other irony….that I told you, “Yay….for once I’m not so blonde.” ugh!

Can I request that the next DITL shows you playing a euphonium?
    Buy one at a garage sale if you have to.
    Build one out of papier mache if you have to.

Jannas last blog post..Here I am!

Dave2, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have fixed this by putting two links in the sidebar for subscribing to the entire blog as well as any comment anywhere .

In addition to that, you can also subscribe to a specific post’s comments if you wish:

BlondeBlogger, no I think I meant something else in the email. Since no-one got it right, here it is. The ironic part was that in my Creative Leadership Course post, I commented how much of a pet peeve extra whitespace was (I can see it in the presentation) but in my DITL, when I’m saying “stay tuned for bonus footage” I put extra whitespace before the Creative Leadership” part.

Yeah, lame, I know.

Janna, hmm. It’d be more likely for me to play trumpet since I still have my original Stradivarius Bach Model 37. But I have been meaning to rent a Baritone so I could join the local Community Band with my daughter. It’s on the back burner for now.

20. No, not lame! Very smart actually. You SO did not want to have to shell out that $5 did you? *grin*

21. Christine says: