August
2008
3:47 pm

I left the following comment on Metalmom‘s blog post, and she said I should post it. Since I did spend a little effort on it (it was one of the things I did on my 2nd day of RIDING THE BUS TO WORK), I figured I could lean on it a bit.

Metalmom’s post was about how someone needed to call 9-1-1 because she did all this cleaning in her house and she actually LIKED IT.   Therefore, something must be wrong with her.

I vacuumed today, but it sucked.

I tried picking up hair with Pledge and a rag, but all I got were dust bunnies.

I used kleenex to clean my TV while watching the Hawaiian Surf Trials, but it wiped me out.

I tried laundering money for the local mob, but the IRS cleaned me out.

A woman came into the kitchen with a broom, and the damn witch swept me off my feet.

Your job? Come up with some more and leave it in a comment!

1. metalmom says:

I tried to remove some lint, but I kept getting the brush off.
    I thought of cleaning the bathtub, but I scrubbed that idea.

You got all the good ones!

metalmoms last blog post..Call 9-1-1!!!

2. Evil Genius says:

I used wax on my floors while I polished off the last bottle of rum.

I was going to call for help but got dimed out before I could get to the phone.

Okay, I suck at this. 🙂

Evil Geniuss last blog post..Training Hell

3. Dragon says:

I cleaned the kitchen floor by wiping the slate clean. 🙂

Dragons last blog post..Grilled Steak with Mushroom Tarragon Cream Sauce

4. Tug says:

This one I’m stealing, but don’t remember where from: I clean house by sweeping it with a glance.

I suck at this stuff, too. Ask MetalMom, she’ll tell you I’m the one you channel so as NOT to clean. 😉

Tugs last blog post..Don’t squat with your spurs on

metalmom, those are awesome!

Evil Genius, the trick is to always have enough Rum around – and clever use! I’m going to have to lookup what “dimed out” means, though.

Dragon, oooh! you have slate floors? how cool!

Tug, hey, that’s how I clean too!

I’m inspired by both of you to add another:

If you brush me off, I’ll clean your clock and sweep the leg

6. dmarks says:

I tried turned on the computer, but then I got booted.

dmarkss last blog post..Mississippi River Canoe Trip Blog

I’m so not good at these things so I’m just going to tell you that you amused me today.

dmarks, ooh, nice!

Robin, that’s ok. This is both a participant and a spectator sport.

9. Winter says:

Mine is job specific. (I work at the cemetery.)

I tried to go home at 5, but I was buried in paperwork.

Winters last blog post..Is Annoyed a Color?

10. metalmom says:

Check your email! 9-1-1

Winter, and were you coffin all night? Or, “I tried to go home at the end of my graveyard shift, but I was buried in paperwork”

metalmom, got it and it’s being worked on. In fact, I’m about to blog about it.

I scoured the toilet and now I’m all flushed.

marilyns last blog post..Yes, but do you ever think about MY needs?

13. Evil Genius says:

Whall, maybe I only know this because of many, many years spent working in the law enforcement field, but here ya go:

DIME OUT: [fr. longtime cost of pay-telephone (booth) call, usually anonymous] 1. to inform on, tell on, expose “My sister DIMED me OUT for drinking from the carton” – syn. DROP A DIME, SQUEAL, BLOW THE WHISTLE, TATTLE

Evil Geniuss last blog post..Lick My Lolly!

Comment: