What’s that you say? You say you don’t understand what’s happening with the world when whall does a weekly post *two* weeks in a row?!!? My My My, that *is* groundbreaking.

Some of you may wonder why I put the weekly LOLcat summary down at the end of each of these series posts. I’d like to be able to say that I do it because I’m saving the best for last, but in reality, it’s to honor those who have so publically shown their disdain for my LOLcat addiction. I don’t want them to have to wade through photos that make them puke in order to get to stuff they might actually want to read.

You know, it’s like how the milk and dairy products are always at the very back of the grocery store. They want you to have to walk through the endcaps, kiosks, specials, advertising, guy-with-headphones-bopping-while-putting-away-boxes, unruly kids with horrible parents, and have time to listen to their subliminal-advertising-laden musak.

I care about you, so you don’t have to do all that.

Hot blogger nomination

Look, I’m not going to beg.

Ok, maybe I will a little.

Hear me out.

I was nominated by a special blond republican out there as a hot male blogger. I’m guessing it was a typo, but I believe there are no coincidences. Coincidentally, she’s been nominated as a hot female blogger (listed as “BlondeBlogger).

Here’s what I figure.

• There are about 300 million people in the US.
  • About half of the population is female, so that leaves 150 million or so males.
  • About 80 million of those males are retired, and by definition, no longer “hot”, so that leaves 70 million.
  • Approximately 40 million are kids, and what are you, a perv? That leaves 30 million.
  • ~20 million are employed by the federal government, so they are automatically disqualified due to the tax implications. That leaves 10 million.
  • There are about 1.2 million people in prisons, and unless the rules have changed, those people aren’t blogging, leaving 8.8 million.
  • According to a recent study, the blogosphere has stalled at 15.5 million blogs. Extrapolate that to the population and it means 5% of the population has a blog. Half of that are males, so 2.5% is the number we can use. That leaves 220,000 eligible male bloggers.
  • At any given time, there are 188,000 people in hospitals, and unless they’re getting plastic surgery, they’re not hot. That leaves 32,000.
  • There are 133 guys nominated, meaning only the top half of a percent of all bloggers even get a CHANCE at winning.
  • Most of those 133 probably won’t go to the lengths I will to advertise, plead, beg and guilt others into voting.
  • I have the most compassionate, understanding and blind tasteful readership in the world. You guys KNOW what you’re doing. You know quality when you see it.

That’s right. I am not above flattery to reach my goals. Go and vote for whall.

You’ll have to scroll down a bit to find me. But isn’t everything worthwhile worth the effort?

UPDATE:

I just realized that some of you might not know how hot I actually am.  So here’s my submission to help you make your choice.

whall's submission to hot blogger calendar contest.  What do you mean, it's photoshopped?!??!?!

Update #2:

The whall hot blogger committee has released a new voting button and poster

hot blogger calendar vote for change lolz we can believe in whall

WordPress 2.6.1 upgrade

I keep getting the bug to upgrade. So maybe by the time you read this, I’ll have upgraded from WordPress 2.3.3 to 2.6.1.

Sometimes I gamble like that. Like as I write this, it’s 11pm on a Sunday night. I *could* upgrade, and maybe it’ll only take 10 minutes. Or everything might go horrible and I spend 3 hours recovering it. But it seems so cool to just do it!

So, if you’re reading this and you can’t access my blog…. (haha, got you there.)

Would someone dare me already!??!!

Accomplishments this week

I wanted to point out some of the things that I consider feathers in my cap for this past week that you may have missed.

Dragon’s Tarragon

Speaking of accomplishments, a recent recipe posted by Dragon caught my eye, then dragged it down and pulled in my nose, mouth, tongue and stomach and held it hostage so that I was unable to think anymore until I tried it out.

Let me tell you – mmmmm-MMMMM!

Here’s the setup: we had made dinner plans for Friday night with some good friends of ours. A coworker bestowed a bottle of his favorite wine – a red zinfandel called Elyse – after helping him with some voip and networking at his home. Always looking to take advantage of friends, I snagged it close to my body and said GIMMEGIMMEGIMME! and ran back to work.

I really wanted to try this recipe, so I went shopping to get the supplies. I’ll be completely honest and say I didn’t even know what a shallot was. I thought he wrote movie reviews and wore big mustaches. Evidently they turn translucent when they simmer. Who knew?

So I called up my mom while at the store and asked about shallots, then also asked if there was a difference between whipping cream and whipped cream. Hey, shut up. I know the difference between a gerund and a past tense verb, but I can’t assume every chef paid attention in English class. They were probably dreaming of doughnuts anyway.

With the help of one of the friends, we cooked an amazing dinner. We did these steaks out on the grill, made the sauce, added some steamed Alaskan King Crab, corn on the cob (also steamed), green beans, and poured the wine. We made some garlic butter sauce for dipping the crab in, and we were four people sitting in heaven.

The wine definitely helped accentuate our enjoyment of the meal. Just to add ecstasy to an already perfect evening, we had some gourmet cheesecake bites (turtle, raspberry swirl and NY Style).

Afterwards, we cleaned up and played a few rounds of Pinochle. The men lost to the women 1-2.

I took some photos of our meal on our friend’s iPhone and will post them in the comments if I can.  Thank you Dragon!  Great job!

Best of LOLcats

1. How do you know it was me who nominated you? I never said I did. (I did nominate you, but that’s beside the point) 🙂

I went to the voting site thingy and scrolled down the biiiiig loooong list. I saw only a few other bloggers I recognized.
    I spent a few soul-searching moments deciding who to vote for.
    Then, the little Janna-shaped conscience on my right shoulder said “Why not vote for the one who’s left the most comments on your blog?”
    At least I think it was my conscience. It might have been a vision induced by massive consumption of iced tea.
    Either way, I ended up voting for you.

Jannas last blog post..Shot or clubbed, either one….

To maintain the fairness of your campaign, you should also say who you personally voted for.

Ahem.

BlondeBlogger, I just have a really good intuition.

Janna, wow, we think alike. I ended up voting for Avitable because HE’s left the most comments on my blog!

Avitable, I don’t mind saying who I voted for, but what does a fair campaign have to do with it?

By the way, I updated the post with my submission photo. Maybe it will help sway people my way. Oh, and did you know that 9 out of 10 professionals hired to check a photo’s authenticity is willing to be bribed?

I dare you! I said it! Upgrade!
    You are looking pretty hot in that picture, but your hair is kinda messy.
    Oh, wait – I see. That adds to the sexiness, right?
    I can be dense.
    😉

Sybil Laws last blog post..School Daze

I think I’m retarded, I can’t find a vote button.

Sybil Law, ok I’ll attempt the upgrade later today, I SWEAR

Robin, yeah I was confused by that too. There *isn’t* a “Vote” Button. You just click on the name and it votes.

8. NYCWD says:

You make no mention of the month you want… so unless it is October… then I can fully endorse you as the LOL Representative.

NYCWDs last blog post..Coming Home

9. Dragon says:

You sense of numerical logic is dizzying. After much consideration and laughter at that silly photo, I voted for you. Nice bedhead, Dude!

I’m glad you liked the steaks and sauce. Your entire meal sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to see the photos. By the way, I’m working on a cheesecake lollipop recipe. Think you might like it? 🙂

Dragons last blog post..Potato, Leek and Gruyère Tart

10. No way! That’s not you, is it?

11. Shawna says:

Ok. I voted. Pretty sneaky how you got me there, too. 😉 By the way, I know I am way behind on reading your blog, but can I just say that I don’t think anyone is more deserving? (No offense BlondeBlogger, Dragon, Avitable, etc.) I am in awe. Everything is so FUN to read. I love all the LOLcats posts. You are a true talent!
    P.S. Would you agree that I am the most (or one of the most) gullible person you know? Seriously…

12. Winter says:

Heh, that is so Ricky Martin’s body. LMAO And I’m loving the cats today. One of them (enemy sighted) looks like my Noisy Kitteh.

Winters last blog post..Late

13. Shawna says:

But, Winter! It’s NOT Ricky Martin!

14. sourpuss says:

I love the “who do I pester today” kitteh. And I voted for you.

sourpusss last blog post..Wild kitty update

Which pic did you send in for your submission…. the one from your high school days that you posted some time ago out here?

Skillz cat is cool. He’s going to land on his nose… or maybe his feet.

martymankinss last blog post..One Of The Blog Gang

I thought Gerund was a guy who did movie reviews and wore big mustaches.
    I heart LOL cats. Doesn’t everybody?

I will vote for you because Janna did and I like to be in the cool crowd.

marilyns last blog post..Manic Monday: Club

I get a bandwidth exceeded error. I’ll have to vote later.

marilyns last blog post..Manic Monday: Club

18. Raganator says:

Funny, I thought you put LOLcats at the very bottom to make me read your blog! 🙂

I’d read it anyway, but the cats are what keep me coming back.
    Sounds like a yummy dinner!

19. Evil Genius says:

I can’t get enough of the LOL cats – keep ’em coming!!

And you totally rock the vote. So yeah, I voted for you!

Evil Geniuss last blog post..I’d Like to Thank the Academy….

20. sourpuss says:

I voted for you again. 🙂

sourpusss last blog post..I’m a P’nut !

NYCWD, that’s a great idea! I can be the candidate of CHANGE!

LOLZ WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

Vote for Wayne!

Dragon, thanx for the vote! and I love all manner of cheesecake.

BlondeBlogger, it’s my face….

Shawna, thanx for all those compliments. Got any more? I’m compliment deficient.

Winter, Shawna’s right – it’s not Ricky Martin. It’s Roger Taylor from Duran Duran. If he blogged, he’d win the hot blogger contest.

sourpuss, thanx for the vote!

marilyn, there are some regulars around here who despise the LOLcats. But I let them in anyway. Compassion. I haz it.

Raganator, (sniff) I have to *make* you read my blog? (sniff)

Evil Genius, thanx for the vote!

sourpuss, although obligated to thank you a second time, I do it anyway.

Comment: