Speaking of love, you can send some fundraising love over to Jaden, our 6yr old by reading about how to satisfy your chocolate addiction or if you’re in need of wrapping paper, neat gifts or nuts, desserts and other such confections.

Two readers have sprinkled a little blog love on me.   There’s a “I heart your blog” theme going on and Kapgar of kapgar.com and Marty (aka ChillyWilly from comments) from Banal Leakage are both secure enough in their hetersexuality to issue a hand-drawn pink puffy heart love note so delicately drawn on notebook paper to yours truly.  I’ll assume for the time being that they actually like my blog and aren’t after something else, like my DITL.

Being the astute (and incredibly waynal) reader that I am, I noticed that both of these gentlemen put my name and blog link LAST in their list.  I can take this in one of a few ways:

1. I was put last due to a random fluke (what is this, a 1 in 49 chance? more? less)
  2. They decided to put people alphabetically.  It would seem the facts help this particular option, but this is Election Year – why would I start caring about facts all of a sudden?
  3. I’m their least favorite blog on the list (hey, it could happen)
  4. I’m their favoritest blog on the list, saving me for last.
I like my chances.

Anyway, with these incestuous and nepotism-induced themes, there are not only rules, but a “Pay It Forward” style reciprocity imbued throughout.  Never one to buck a trend, I shall follow along, being a good little blog soldier.  Plus, I always wanted to use “incestuous,” “nepotism,” “reciprocity” and “imbued” in a single sentence.

Here are the rules:
  1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog
  2. Link the person from whom you received your award
  3. Nominate at least seven other blogs
  4. Put links of those blogs on yours
  5. Leave a message on the blogs that you’ve nominated.
I don’t know about rule #5, so I may or may not do that.  These “favorites” of mine can just learn themselves that they won, you know?

Here, in no particular order other than in order of who I like the best, are the seven I chose to Love today.  And I will love them in various forms of prose, poetry, song, and the like.

Janna is cool
Janna is neat
Janna likes to blog
about the corns on her feet.

Poppy and Dawg, sitting in a tree
She.just.came.from.state.Vee.Tee
First comes blog, then comes cereal
Then comes kitties who are nice and ethereal!

Ren’s in the middle of a name change.
It started off as Ren’s Journal.
Ren’s in the middle of a bathroom,
He ended up at the urinal.
Ren’s in the middle of “children’s books”
But only by way of semantics.
Ren’s in the middle of a list of three
with my ability for pedantics.

See Bossy
See Bossy Blog
See Bossy Annotate
See Bossy Be Way Funnier Than You

Introspection.  She haz it.
Brevity? Not so much.
But I learn a lot and try to feel,
For gifted writing, SHE has the touch.

Better the devil you know,
Then the avITable you don’t.
If you read his blog while working,
Chances are you won’t.
He’s not the kind of blog you’d read
if you’re easily offended.
In fact, now that I think about it,
not even with iron constitution extended!

I know it might seem unfair
To award a celebrity blogger.
But fairness isn’t everything;
just ask the frog from Frogger.
Bee-dink! bee-dink! bee-dink! then splat
His destiny can sadden.
But my spirits lift with every word
I read from dear Scott Adams.

1. kapgar says:

When I started, you were second on the list because you were the second person I thought of. But dammit if my anal retentive need for alphabetization so as not to show priority given to one as opposed to another didn’t take over the list and thus you wound up last (by name). Now if you were to legally change your name to Bill and become “bhall,” you’d be in pretty good shape. 😉 Adam? You’re tops!

kapgar’s last blog post..I’ve got my spine, I’ve got my Orange Crush…

2. Becky says:

Aww…big puffy hearts are wonderful! Congrats on your award. And I love your reasons for being last on the blogroll. And your poetry just proves why you won this award:)

Becky’s last blog post..Mirror Mirror

You are the man, Whall.
    😀

Sybil Law’s last blog post..Blow Jobs for Duke Employees

Alphabetically is how I blog…. er… roll.

You could do one better than kapgar’s suggestion. You could rename yourself to “Ahall”, but that sounds too close to the abbreviated version of that naughty word I blogged about a week ago.

And that’s just not blogger love.

I won’t take your DITL. I’ll just call mine BITL and be two places higher in the alphabetical sorting chain.

martymankins’s last blog post..Random Leakage #5

5. Winter says:

*shivers* Ooooh. The word reciprocity is my favorite word!

Winter’s last blog post..Quick N’ Hot

Hey! I don’t have corns on my feet!
    I’ve never had corns on my feet, ever.
    But, yeah, if I did, I’d probably end up blogging about them. 🙂
    Thank you for telling the blogiverse that I am cool.
    Hopefully someone out there will believe you.
    Hey, y’know what? This calls for some Janku:

Cool award
    Yummy blog love today
    Now where’s my Dr. Scholl’s? Oh, no corns yet!

Can I trade
    This award for a big
    Pile of tens and twenties?

Janna’s last blog post..Wouldn’t it be great if….

So many bloggers, so little time to read them through my feedreader at work. Sigh.

8. sizzle says:

I am laughing at the brevity bit. Ha! Thanks for the award! At least I am giving everyone a break from my verbosity this week. 😉

sizzle’s last blog post..Time Out

9. Evil Genius says:

Yay you! You totally deserve the pink puffy heart! And I loved your poetry – you should do those little ditties more often! lol

Evil Genius’s last blog post..This Place is the Shit!

Such a lovable dork. Thanks, Wah. 😀

And I triply appreciate the limerick! Cat on my lap, cat by my head, and Dawg behind me. Ripley’s being anti-social. *shrug*

Poppy’s last blog post..Well, that mostly sorta went slightly as planned

11. Gally says:

I didn’t make the list? *stomps feet* I don’t need no Launch of Office Vista and Exchange.

Thanks for the mention
    I guess I’ll take your name off
    My peeps to kill list

kapgar, Funny you should say that, my first name is Aalexander.

Becky, if unfinished poetry is all it took,

Sybil Law, you should see today’s blog post! Someone actually made a video of me being the man.

martymankins, did you mean to kind-of-link blog and roll? That’s clever, er… roll.

winter, right back atcha!

Janna, I believe the Janku to be better than sliced bread in the “invented since 1970” category.

Whoa, is that…
    a large BANANA
    on your face? mmmm, fruity!

Robin, if you spent more time reading blogs rather than writing blogs, I bet you’d make it. What do you average – 5 posts a day?!!? How do you do it all!???

sizzle, sometimes we all need a time out. Especially contestants on Family Feud, Fear Factor edition.

Evil Genius, I already have DITLs, I don’t know if I have room for ditties as well. And if you say what I say, dittoes.

Poppy, I figured you might like the “ethereal” reference – I wanted to put in more of a networking pun in there but it didn’t connect. hahaha.

Gally, wait, who *are* you? Oh wait… JENNEFER! Hey, howya doin?

Avitable,

You are so welcome,
    I guess I’ll stop composing
    My “peeps to kill” Liszt.

Comment: