November
2008
9:37 am

Get some love.  er, luv.

First, if you’re not listening to my Utterz, you should consider doing so.  I speak my mind more than a few times per week over at Utterli, and the latest ones are shown over in the sidebar to the right.  One thing I really like about Utterli is the telephone interface – it’s a good way to fill up the commute with semi-worthwhile activity.

You could hear me sing a little Def Leppard over on the above utter or maybe hear about the low low price of gas on this one.  Sometimes I geekout to the extreme.

heh, sometimes.  I crack myself up.  “sometimes”.  HA!

Secondly, Andy Bailey over at CommentLuv is giving away lots of prizes, and you can win.

Have you noticed on my blog’s comments how it lists someone’s most recent blog entry and puts a little heart symbol?  I don’t type those in manually – oh no!  That work is done by the CommentLuv plugin for WordPress.

Here’s all you need to do:

• Register your blog, if you have one, over at commentluv.com and have it verified.
  • Enter a profile description
  • Comment on my blog somewhere
The more you comment, the better your chances, but you cannot spam.  That’s like calling into a radio show just for the prize.  Well, no, strike that – it’s WORSE than calling into a radio show because, well, I don’t have a radio show. I have a blog.  This is all about me.  Don’t spam my blog, man.
If you don’t have a blog, I don’t think you can win.  Sorry, them’s the rules.  But you can get a free blog over at WordPress or Blogger (or tons of other places).  So go do that, then register, and woohoo! you could win.

I find it annoying that I have to register on another site just for my last post to show up in someone else’s blog’s plugin. Arrrgh.

Avitable´s last blog post..Sunday Stealing

2. Dragon Baby says:

Is this commentluv.com going to keep me out of your Spam Filter? Maybe I can go back to just being Dragon, eh? 🙂

Dragon Baby´s last blog post..Spaghetti Carbonara

3. Bucky says:

I heart comment luv. 🙂

Bucky´s last blog post..My Life Story

I will do all these things in a bit. Right now, even Spam sounds good, which means I must be ravenous or pregnant. Actually, I’ve never had Spam, but still. Hungry.
    (Oh – and SO not pregnant!)

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Avitaween, 2008

5. I may soon become a WordPress girl. We’ll see how that goes. I really like the CommentLuv feature so ::fingers crossed:: that everything else is just as user friendly for me.

Sheila (Charm School Reject)´s last blog post..Speechless? Almost.

6. Giggle Pixie says:

I heart commentluv!!!!

Giggle Pixie´s last blog post..Life Sucks

Avi, I don’t think there’s any requirement to register for the plugin to function. In fact, other than the contest I couldn’t find any specific advantage to registering, so I haven’t.

Ren´s last blog post..Amazing that mine also references golf…

Ren, from what I can tell, the plugin will only pull your most recent post if you create an account with them. Otherwise, it pulls ones that are dated from three to four days ago.

Avitable´s last blog post..I love the gays

9. Fantastagirl says:

Okay- I’m all about free stuff… free is good, as my summer intern said – it’s all good – right?

10. Hilly says:

I’m total comment luv….uh…erm…what is a PG word for the “w” word? I’m that.

Hilly´s last blog post..I Was Looking For One Measly Password When…

Avi, hmm… it seems like it was pulling my most recent… I’ll try after a post. Now I just need to come up with something about which to post….

Ren´s last blog post..Amazing that mine also references golf…

Comment Luv… I may have to think about adding another plugin to my blog. Are they giving away new MacBook Pro’s?

martymankins´s last blog post..Snowy Sunday #01

Just published a new post and immediately came back here to see that CommentLuv already sees the new post.

Of course, it could be because I have the plugin on my blog as well, so maybe that achieves the same result as registering on the web site.

Ren´s last blog post..Other People’s Pictures

Maybe that was something they tried and then discontinued and I just noticed it at that time.

Avitable´s last blog post..Calling all Indian and Middle Eastern stereotypes

15. Spookygirl says:

mmmmmmmmm, Def Leppard 😉

Very interesting thing this Utterz. Must investigate further…

Spookygirl´s last blog post..I am all about making the holidays easier!

Comment: