Whew!  It is a lot of work to host a contest on an external polling site, then have issues with the external polling site, then give people three ways to guess (predictify, comments on two different blog posts and direct email), and then come up with a decent way to display the guesses that make you go “hmm, that’s kind of sexy and interesting… that whall – he’s such a great blogger.”  This is almost as difficult as, oh, let me think, hmmm, maybe…. casting a horary chart to determine a winner?

This time around, there were 26 guesses ranging from 435 to 14368.  This was after I removed and adjusted the guesses that were over 20,000.

The correct answer was 13,551.  That makes the winner…. BEKAH from Eurekablyth!  She wins a $10 gift certificate to pretty much wherever she wants, or I’ll paypal her the money directly if she accepts that.

Congrats Bekah!

Here’s how everyone fared:

Yes, that’s right.  My daugher had 13,551 text messages in one month.  That’s an average of about 450 a day, or almost 40 per waking hour.  If you take into account that she’s not supposed to have her phone during school, that equates to more like 75 per hour, or more than one a minute.

Fortunately, not only did we elect to have the unlimited txt messaging plan on our cell account, we also purchased “PDA addiction insurance” so that we could enroll our daughter into a 12-step program to eliminate her dependency on constant communication with her friends.

1. bekah says:

Hahahahaha, that is so AWESOME! I looooove gift cards! JC Pennys and Target are my favorite stores! 🙂

And I’m totally impressed with your daughter’s mad texting skillz. I’m sure she has some wickedly strong thumbs.

bekah´s last blog post..SNOW! SNOW IN LOUISIANA!

2. Giggle Pixie says:

Great gadzooks! And they say I like to talk? Fah-shizzle!

Way to go Bekah!!

Congrats bekah. wow. that’s a lot of text msgs in one month. 13,000… WOW! just wild

martymankins´s last blog post..Snowy Sunday #04

4. Nat says:

Thank god for text unlimited texting… but wow. That’s a lot of message.

Nat´s last blog post..I remember…

5. Faiqa says:

13k?!! What are they texting about, these kids? And, are you *sure* she’s not using it during school?

Faiqa´s last blog post..For My Facebook Friend Who Is Not Creepy*

6. kapgar says:

How is that humanly possible?

kapgar´s last blog post..I’m back in the saddle again…

WOW.
    How on Earth….
    Thirteen thousand???
    Does she not believe in sleeping?

Janna´s last blog post..Thirteen More Twitters from Days Gone By

8. only reason i was sort of close is because my work bff has a stepson that almost got beat with his cell phone when he had 14k messages on a plan with NO text plan.
    great job, bek!

hello haha narf´s last blog post..HNT – My 33rd Half Nekkid Post Involves a Waxing

9. Hilly says:

Holy cow! I thought I was guessing high! Seriously, I don’t even use the 500 free ones I have per month.

Hilly´s last blog post..The Magic Of Macy’s…

10. DutchBitch says:

Holy *-*** **** [ed] !!! I thought I was an addicted txt messager… I can’t even hold a candle to that… Whew…

11. sourpuss says:

I want to know what the heck she texts about to warrant so many messages! Is it boys? Clothes? Her dad? Celebrities? WHAT? Come on! I need to know because, seriously? that number just sounds completely unhealthy to me even for a teenager! Or am I just too old to get it?

“we also purchased “PDA addiction insurance” so that we could enroll our daughter into a 12-step program to eliminate her dependency on constant communication with her friends.”

HEHEHEHEHEHE! How does she have the time? She’s a band geek! Busy hands!

Poppy´s last blog post..unquestionable

13. Wow! Now I’m wondering how many my daughter has. Because she is always texting someone at all hours of the day too.

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..Christmas Clips – Part One – Elf

14. Brandon says:

OMG, datz lt txt msgz!

Brandon´s last blog post..Top Chef Recap ***SPOILER ALERT***

15. Cheldear says:

Well, Wayne, that is terrifying. I mean, really terrifying. I need to call Dana and find out how many Sierra had last month now that she is all cheerleader-y and in middle school as a seventh grader. That is just plain frightening.

Cheldear´s last blog post..That was a frakkin’ week ago????

16. I can’t believe I forgot to say happy birthday to you on Friday. No, wait, actually I can. See why I sent your card early? *smacking self*

Hope you’ve been having a fun-filled, celebratory weekend!

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..Christmas Tree

17. Where’d my comment go? Check your spam filter. 🙂

Btw, Brandon…your avatar matches your comment perfectly.

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..Christmas Tree

18. Janelle says:

Holy Moly! And I thought I texted a lot. Your daughter get’s the gold metal in texting! Good for her!! I cannot get over that number!!!! She has a gift. 🙂

Janelle´s last blog post..Forget Your Remote Control, 1-800 Dial MTV

congrats and am very thankful right now not to have any kids 😀

20. Oops. Happy Birthday!

I don’t feel so bad about my texting addiction now. I usually average between 125 to 150 a day, depending on how busy my day is. I should just drop my minutes all together and just buy a straight texting plan. Heh.

Congrats to Bekkah!

Sheila (Charm School Reject)´s last blog post..I’ve Got a Case of the Mondays

21. SpoiledMom says:

OMG! I so wish I could have gotten in on this. I thought my daughter was bad! LOL She had close to 6,000 last month. Please send info on the PDA 12-step program ASAP!! LMFAO

With all my daughter’s texts, I was starting to worry she was going to become another Casey Anthony! Yikes!

SpoiledMom´s last blog post..Anthony’s Speak Through Attorney

22. John Hirbour says:

Not sure if this makes you feel any better… but apparently this girl sent 14,528 in one month…: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/01/11/Girl_13_sends_14528_texts_in_a_month/UPI-83341231704427/

John Hirbour´s last blog post..Video and Rant. Misc