On Tuesday, my daughter got a root canal.

Yeah, ouch.

However, she was A) coherent when she got home, B) only asked for some excedrin late at night and C) completely made my evening by watching six (6!) episodes of Heroes (Season One) with me.  We’re both completely taken with the show (the wife, not so much).

I should point out that she really gets annoyed when I predict certain things to happen.   And I must say, I’m pretty good at it.  But it’s the kind of annoyed that comes with an involuntary smile and a punch-to-the-shoulder-type-of-annoyance.  She complains but she loves it.  You know what I mean.

Anyhoo, our Hero-thon was interrupted by the weekly Puppy training class my daughter has been taking Tigger to.  She was up for homework (yay!) and Heroes (yay!) but not up for puppy training that week.

Now, I have to mention something.  My camera has been broken for a few weeks now and I haven’t spent the time or money to replace it.  That means a lack of DITL content and it also means I’m missing out on Tigger’s growth.  I mean, he’s at least TWICE that size now.

Let’s see if I can use my mad photoshopping skillz to re-create Tigger and age him a couple weeks to show how big he really is.

There.  That’s better.

Tuesday marked Tigger’s 4th week in the course, which meant graduation.  We received a certificate and everything!  In general during this initial course we learned such fantastic things as

1. Come when called (our command is “here!”)
  2. Not biting while playing with humans
  3. Getting used to all sorts of humans – different races, different ages, different sizes.  And their hats.  Evidently it’s very important to introduce your puppy to wild oversized hats early in life.  Especially important in Texas.
  4. Not pull on leash so much during walk
  5. BONUS: shake hands (a “trick”)

We’re currently working on the bonus trick.  It’s deceptively easy to teach your dog how to “shake” and I can’t wait to show it off on an upcoming DITL.

Have I mentioned that my camera is broken?

Heroes remains as predictable as ever. I can only watch it if I’m doing something else at the same time, because otherwise, I have to fast forward through it. Such a good concept ruined by crappy writing!

Avitable´s last blog post..The black section?

• whall says:

Avitable – I’ve really enjoyed the writing. I’m frequently talking back to the TV “wow, that’s a good idea” and “OOHHHHHHHH!” when I “get” what they were doing. I find it quite clever.

2. Karl says:

That’s one cute puppy. Congrats on graduating, Tigger. I still enjoy “Heroes.” It’s really getting good again. So is “Lost.”

Karl´s last blog post..Radical Social Acts

• whall says:

Karl – I’ve not seen Lost. I don’t like watching shows unless I can watch from the beginning, and in order. We’re about to start Mad Men soon. Oh, and Tigger says “thanx”.

Cute puppy.

You really do need to get your camera fixed. Us DITL fans are anxious for a new episode.

martymankins´s last blog post..You Had Me At Instant Watch

• whall says:

martymankins – I might find one this weekend. I loathe to buy a “new” camera… I just want what I had, and I bought *it* new for $99 a year or two ago. So I’m guessing it’s pretty darn cheap if I find a good one on craigslist.

4. Giggle Pixie says:

Extra hugs for daughter – hope that tooth is all better soon. But BIG, BIG hugs to Tigger and congrats on his graduation!!

Giggle Pixie´s last blog post..The Best Home Security I Can…Afford

• whall says:

Giggle Pixie – although it’s hard to believe, it seems the root canal was very much a non-issue for her. She said she hardly felt a thing during (of course she was under the gas) and she’s been great last few days. No complaints!

5. Dragon says:

You’ve got some sad…um, I mean mad photoshopping skillz. I’m not so much with the heros either but I can’t get enough of that puppy. 🙂

Dragon´s last blog post..Raspberry Sherbet Served on Tuiles

6. Tigger is adorable! Congratulations on graduation!

Geeky Tai-Tai´s last blog post..Hey, I’m Still Here!

I miss DITL!
    But luckily, you have cute pics of Tigger to make up for it.

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Seven

8. Tug says:

Never seen Heroes… But the hat thing with Tigger (CUTE pup!)? My mom had a dog that HATED hats of any kind. Mom didn’t believe me until I put a cap on her head & the dog went NUTS. Weird.

Tug´s last blog post..Restrooms

• whall says:

Tug – evidently the theory goes like this: people are cool. evil aliens must be eaten and destroyed. some people turn into evil aliens. Sometimes all it takes is a hat.

Hmm… I wonder what Tigger’s power is… I’m guessing it’s some sort of mind control.

Ren´s last blog post..Netflix WatchTiVo Crash Instantly

10. Gino says:

get a cat.
    you’ll be happier.

dogs are just… well, dogs, ya know?
    their very mention is an insult in many cultures.
    whats that tell ya?

Gino´s last blog post..The Clown Car Uterus

Mongo only pawn… in game of life.
    🙂

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Seven

12. Sarcastica says:

I’m not a total Hero’s fan, but I do enjoy watching it when I get around to it 🙂

That puppy is SO adorable!

Comment: