Yay! A weekly series meant for Sunday, done on Sunday!

Free Harry Nicolaides

I rarely beg on the blog of whall.

A good blog friend of mine, Adam Daniel Mezei (also on utterli and twitter) brought this to my attention and I’m bringing it to yours.

Would you please sign this petition to ask for Harry Nicolaides to be freed from Thailand prison?

There’s an interesting (and outrageous) backstory to the whole deal, which I encourage you to listen to or read, but if you don’t have time to learn, please have time to sign.

Side note: If you’re on utterli, I also encourage you to follow Mr Adam (also known as ADM) mentioned above.  As the Eastern Europe’s Utterli Ambassador from Prague in Czech Republic (a Canadian transplant) who speaks a million and one languages, he imparts knowledge by proxy… all you have to do is listen to him regularly and you will get wiser about the world.

Shiny’s Plagiarism

If you don’t read Shiny’s Takeout (sound it out, you’ll get it), or haven’t visited it in a while, you should go check out his Plagiarism Week 2009.

I’ll go ahead and say this now and get it out.  He completely stole this idea from me.

But at least he called it Plagiarism Week.  I guess that’s his “out” so to speak.  His mimicry has been outstanding.  I tell you, this Shiny guy is really funny.  I still laugh out loud when I think about the time I read his political post.  It was the most brilliant thing I read that week.

He’s plagiarized some fantastic bloggers out there.

Stimulus

Although I said I’d steer clear from the politics on my blog, I’ll at least do one more bout of begging.  Call or email or fax your Senator to have him or her vote NO on the Stimulus plan!

You can go to congress.org, put in your zip code on the top right and find your elected officials.  Most Congressmen and women allow you to contact them directly online, so do it.

At least learn what all’s in this stimulus plan.  THEN tell your Senator what you think.  You don’t have to agree with me – if you think they should pass it, contact them and tell them.  But I think if you learn about the package, you’ll see more and more why passing it is a horrendous idea.

Best of LOLcats

Which is your favorite?

Mine is the “unsettling” one.

1. Hilly says:

I second the Shiny thing…this week has been pure genius. I swear he is one of the only people who can mimic us all and still come out NOT looking like a dick!

Hilly´s last blog post..Snackie Sunday #78: Sleep Much?

It’s surprising that Nicolaides could have spent any time in Thailand without understanding that you absolutely do not in any way disparage the monarchy or you face the consequences (which, for the most part, is imprisonment). I went there for a mere 10 days, and it was one of the first things I found out when researching my trip. From what I understand, Nicolaides LIVED there? How could he LIVE there and not know you cannot publicly say anything negative about the royal family without breaking the law?!? I guess I need to research this more, because I simply do not understand it. When you are a guest in a foreign country, you must adhere to their laws. It doesn’t matter how you feel about them… if you don’t agree with their laws and cannot adhere to them, don’t go! It works the same way here in the USA… if a visitor is caught using drugs that are legal in their home country, but illegal here, they may very well be imprisoned for it.

In any event, it is very likely that His Majesty will pardon Nicolaides now that he’s been sentenced. There’s a history of King Bhumibol being magnanimous towards offenders of this law. Of course, if people sign petitions demanding he do so, he may not be so inclined… I know I wouldn’t be.

Definitely unsettling (the picture). But I read the story of the imprisoned guy, and I agree with Dave, although I feel like it is an insane amount of time considering how long he’s lived there, etc.
    Huh.
    I need to do more research, too.

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Seven

Shiny’s plagiarism week has been top notch. What Hilly said.

And I called my senators and congress people to tell them to vote against the stimulus. I think there are better options, even though there are parts of the package I think could benefit.

5. Giggle Pixie says:

I love the unsettling one, but also the one about having an appointment!! Too, too cute!

Giggle Pixie´s last blog post..Nice Gazongas

6. Dragon says:

Shiny is a star! And so are you, my friend. My favourite LOLcat is the unsettling one too. 🙂

Dragon´s last blog post..Garlic, Herb and Parmesan Bread

7. Dragon says:

Are Canadians allowed to contact senators and congressmen?

Dragon´s last blog post..Garlic, Herb and Parmesan Bread

Yours is too intelligent sounding. You needed to shorten some words and misspell something!

Avitable´s last blog post..Soup or bowl

9. Raganator says:

Unsetting for me, but the horse one was funny too.

10. Faiqa says:

Darn it. Dave stole all my comments. You know that the King and I is banned in Thailand, right? Poor Yul Brenner and Chow Yun Fat(sp?), I can’t even imagine the tortures that may lay in store for either of them when they visit (yeah, yeah, Brenner is dead. Hmmm). You don’t mess with the King of Thailand… because he will *cut* you.
    Would you believe that I have been searching online for a copy of the stimulus package and cannot find one? I’m not the best at google searching, though…

Faiqa´s last blog post..Don’t let the Somalian Warlords Get Your Nuggets!

11. I sent you a petition regarding the stimulus package, LOL

Sheila (Charm School Reject)´s last blog post..CSR’s Trivial Pursuit

What a coincidence!
    MY laughter was that unsettling just a few hours ago.
    Don’t tell anyone.