Some snazzy intro should go here.  If it’s not, please check your server.  Don’t forget to tip your server.

Write on my whall

You knew it was coming.  I joined facebook.

[GASP]

Given that I already have a non-trivial online presence with twitter and utterli, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised how fast I went from 1 to almost 100 “friends.”

I put friends in quotes because I don’t know yet how I want to handle facebook.  I’ve decided for now that

• Family is “in”
  • Online friends are “in”
  • In-real-life friends are “in”
  • coworkers, unless they’re actual friends, are “out”

I still don’t know how I want to embrace facebook.  It sure can be a time sink if you let it.  It has way too much potential to interrupt work and “real” life.  I also don’t know if I want to muddy up close friends with semi-acquaintances.  I’m so new, I don’t even know if that’s an issue.

What about you?  Do you facebook?  Do you keep it private or open it up?

Utterz you may have MISC’ed

You might be wondering to yourself – “when Wayne isn’t busy saving the world or eating breakfast tacos, what does he do with all that extra time he has!?!?!?”

To answer that question, I use Utterli.  I speak my thoughts into my phone while commuting or walking the dogs, and YOU can listen in.  Maybe even reply!

Here are some of my more brilliant moments that you might want to check out.

Best of LOLcats

I saved the best for last.

Best of LOLConnery

1. metalmom says:

Damn! That Sean is very shexy! You can call me Miss Moneypenny!!

I so totally can pull off wearing a kilt and look shexy! It’s the man purse that causes problems…

Dave2´s last blog post..Day One: SEA->LHR

I am so, so glad I didn’t miss (misc.) this post!!
    And welcome to the time sucking of Facebook. 🙂

Sybil Law´s last blog post..You betta (you better you better you bet)!

• whall says:

Sybil Law – I think I’m managing it well. However, I must say that since I cross-post my utterz to twitter, and all my twitters to Facebook, there are a lot of people who now think I don’t work at all.

4. Tug says:

I’m probably one of the only people in the world under the age of 100 that doesn’t use facebook – I just refuse to. Twitter & google reader are enough of a time suck.

Tug´s last blog post..Amber waves of grain…..

Welcome to Facebook, or as others call it, another waste of time.

I liked The Shinning Cat.

martymankins´s last blog post..Super Snowy Sunny Scooter Snackie Sunday!

• whall says:

martymankins – So far it’s paid off. For one, Jaden got to go to a birthday party of a former kindergarten classmate that he would have missed had it not been for facebook. Plus, that kid only had Jaden show up! There was a misdelivery or something with the invites, so he and Jaden got the whole time to themselves.

6. Faiqa says:

You forgot a couple of categories in your Facebook considerations:

1- People Who Used to Pick On You in primary/secondary school
    2- People You Used to Pick On in primary/secondary school
    3- People You Pretend to Like Because They’re IRL friends with someone You Actually Do Like
    4- Ex-Lovers Who You Never Wanted To Hear From As Long As You Both Shall Live
    5- The Kid That Used to Live Next Door That Used to Play With Your Sibling That’s 4 years Younger Than You and Whose Name You didn’t Even Bother to Learn
    6- Barack Obama
    7- Former Teachers/College Professors
    8- You Parent’s Friends (My favorite creepy one)
    9- Your Kid’s Friends (Don’t do it, Whall, don’t do it)
    10- The Guy Who Used to Sit in the Cubicle Next to You that You were SURE You’d See One Day On the Evening News Because He Had Bodies In His Fridge.

Welcome to the Facebook family.

Faiqa´s last blog post..March 17, 2009

• whall says:

Faiqa – nice list! I won’t proactively invite my kids’ friends unless they promise me internet marketing presence or backstage passes to the Jonas Brothers. Do you know how much I could see that for?!?!?!

I use Facebook to keep up with friends, but if you ignore all of the stupid applications, it’s not nearly the timewaster that it seems.

Avitable´s last blog post..America’s Next Top Blogger

• whall says:

Avitable – agreed. I’m new to “apps” and the first few I checked out wanted my cell phone number or something so I dumped it into the “phishing scam” category. I like the threaded aspect of the wall, which is twitter-like but a little nicer because it actually lets you get email notification of replies, which twitter doesn’t do as far as I know.

I think I’ve been on Facebook for like 3 years, that’s pathetic. However I think I only got active on it like 2 years ago.

Robin´s last blog post..Let’s Have a Big Awwwww

• whall says:

Robin – I wondered what you meant by “active” and then now I see. You’re the most active blogger/twitterer I know so I thought I’d be prepared for your facebooktitude but WHOA.

More men in skirts please!

marilyn´s last blog post..ACEO

Also, I am not on facebook but since you are, Mo is, and Janna is, It’s probably only a matter of time. I mean, I’m on twitter and I didn’t think that would happen either.

marilyn´s last blog post..ACEO

• whall says:

marilyn – I find it a very decent add-on to twitter. And it seems more “less technically savvy” people are on facebook vs twitter. And now they can see my tweets, which is kind of cool.

11. Stacey says:

I got on Facebook because my brother and sister are on it and we talk amongst ourselves. Then around my 10 year reunion all my former classmates started friending me, then all my coworkers started friending me, then the theatre kids I used to work with . . .

You’ll see.

Stacey´s last blog post..I Bet It Was That Lindsay Lohan Movie That Did It

• whall says:

Stacey – yeah, we have our 20yr high school reunion coming up this summer and when I saw how many pages among pages of my class are already there, it was unwordly. Of course, our graduating class had 600+ folks, and that’s a lot for back then.

12. Raganator says:

Great cats. I liked the tap dancing one and the shinning!

• whall says:

Raganator – I just think about it and still chuckle. LOLcats. Will they ever get old?

The answer is “no” in case you were wondering.

Comment: