March
2009
6:00 am

Ren and Jen are disqualified from this here challenge.

Anyone else care to guess what this is, what the numbers mean, or why the highlighted numbers are so cool to me?

It’s one of my favorite things.

UPDATE: it is a 9-ball scoresheet from the APA pool league I play on every Wednesday night.

In APA 9-ball, you get a point for every ball you sink.  Each vertical column of numbers represents a game, and the numbers on top and bottom are the cumulative total for each player.  I’m the player on top, and what this shows is me going from 18 points to 46 and keeping my opponent at 22 points (ie, I didn’t let him score one point during my 28 point grab).  It also shows that I sank 28 balls within 5 turns, and that’s pretty good for me.

Tthanx all for playing along!

1. bubblewench says:

looks like a Baseball scorecard… you are marking balls pitched, hit and runs and batters up.. Stats..I think…

2. I don’t have a clue, but Bubblewench’s guess sounds good to me.

Geeky Tai-Tai´s last blog post..Road Trip

3. Raganator says:

I know what it is!!!! 🙂

I was guessing baseball, too. Only that doesn’t make sne for you. Hmm.. pool?!

Sybil Law´s last blog post..You betta (you better you better you bet)!

5. Cris says:

I am concerned about the “dead balls” things. Is this one of those street surveys? Please tell me which street corners to avoid because this is an evaluation I do NOT want done in public!

Cris´s last blog post..Three Things

It’s my handwriting, that’s what it is. Wait… perhaps I shouldn’t admit that.

Ren´s last blog post..Cruise Highlights

no clue, i would rather not be forced into thinking while online…sheesh.

Robin´s last blog post..Save Kevin Campaign

8. Nat says:

No clue, but I’d guess Cricket — given the innings and such…
    Could be way off…

Nat´s last blog post..Mr. Vedder The Boy loves you

• whall says:

Nat – Cricket would be cool to play a couple of times. I have no idea if it’s something one can enjoy every week. Sounds awfully physical.

Sorry to hear about the dead balls.
    Try using Vicks Vaporub.

Janna´s last blog post..Just think how cheap my phone bill will be!

10. Jen says:

Why can’t I guess?! Just because my name rhymes with Ren? Obviously the rounds add up to denominations of ten (not ren or jen, but TEN). On day four of a seven day week at seven PM, one thinks it shows a seven getting PWND by a six! Nice job on holding the seven for five rounds in eight innings and having an overall total of fourteen innings. Gotta say, that’s allota twos, ten of them. Do I win?

11. peter says:

9 ball scorecard? I still don’t understand how that game is scored.

12. Kris says:

Your ovulation schedule?

• whall says:

Kris – OMG, here I was trying to conceal it with some BS about pool and billiards, and I even got some of my friends to get in on it but you busted me.

13. Ben says:

I have no cue, er, clue what this is. But it looks like you got a lot of balls, oooops, you’ve got a lot of balls posting this. In fact, looks like a lot of balls consecutively. I think we should table this question, and all head to the pool!

But, seriously, I’m too forgetful to remember if you ran off five tables in a row, or it’s something else cool. In any case, looks like congrats are in order!

Ben´s last blog post..Absurdly funny tweet …

• whall says:

Ben – good comment. I got all the points 5 racks in a row, but the innings show that I lost control of the table at least once per game, but I either accidentally or intentionally safed my opponent, or he just plain missed. The dead balls show that the 9 was pocketed early. BTW, we miss you on the team.

14. Jen says:

I win! *jumps up and down*

Comment: