If there were seven brides for seven brothers, how many inlaws does that make?

Windows 7 Beta

As I believe I’ve mentioned before but am too lazy to go find the link, I upgraded my primary work laptop to Windows 7 Beta, build 7000.  I’m still loving it.  The standard OS at the company I work for is still XP, so this kind of jump is like 1.21 gigaparsecs in a kessel Mr Fusion run.  I was on Vista for about a year before that, so I was mostly ready for the user interface changes.

windows-7-info2

First impression – FAST.  Second impression: WHOA THIS IS SO FAST.  Fourth impression: What happened to the third impression?  Wait, I know!  It must have gone by too fast.

Windows 7 performs faster, looks better, backs up great, is more intuitive, is more easily managed, has cooler tools built-in and crashes left often.  All of my drivers worked (except for a Canoscan Lide 60 scanner; still working on that).

I tried upgrading to the latest leaked version, 7057 but I encountered errors so I’ll wait a while to see if another one gets leaked.  What’s exciting about this is that typically, beta software is slower than the actual release because developers usually work on stability rather than performance.  So I expect the actual release to be even faster than the one I have loaded.

That’ll do, Microsoft.  That’ll do.

I’m totally blogging this

I’m a sucker and I can prove it.

whall-totally-blogging

Your all-time-favorite NSFW blogger Avitable made an irresistible t-shirt and I snagged me one.  Yes, it has “whall.org” on the back.  I’m completely advertising myself for myself on myself.

Judge not, lest ye be flogged.

Utterz you may have MISC’ed

Best of LOLcats

lolcats-71-0

lolcats-71-1

lolcats-71-2

lolcats-71-3

lolcats-71-4

lolcats-71-5

lolcats-71-6

lolcats-71-7lolcats-71-8

lolcats-71-9

1. Sandi says:

Oh, what I wouldn’t have given for that shirt a year or two ago. *laughing* FABulous.

And this is classic:
    1.21 gigaparsecs in a kessel Mr Fusion run

All you needed was a reference to some hyperspace Red Bull…

Very cool.

Sandi´s last blog post..Wait…you mean we have to live through this?

My daughter and I enjoyed the LOLcats!! That all white except for the tail one is so cute!
    I have nothing to add about the computer stuff. I iz lost.

Sybil Law´s last blog post..I’m going to tap it, too.

3. Nobody says:

I haven’t tried Windows 7 yet for some reason. I downloaded the Beta when they released it, but never got around to installing it on any of my systems. I’ve been wondering how well it would run on an EeePC Netbook.

Nobody´s last blog post..Nothing to do at work

4. LOVE the shirt!

I’ve been too busy to read LOL cats lately so I’m glad I could get my fix here.

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..Check This Hand ‘Cause I’m Marvelous

You rock that shirt very well, sir.

I’m looking forward to the official Windows 7 release so I can upgrade a few laptops around the house from Vista.

Avitable´s last blog post..I Am Not The World’s Strongest Man

6. Raganator says:

What a great way to start the week!

I love the crocs one and taking down the beware of dog sign.
    Great selections!

The snowy LOL cat is the best one this week, only because it’s true and I’ve seen our cats do that.

Win 7 beta… I’d sure like to install mine before it expires in July. I need to set aside some time before the end of April to do this.

martymankins´s last blog post..Snowy Sunday #16

Okay… the answer is most likely 14 if we are speaking of parental-type in-laws because the brother’s parents were dead. This is assuming that each of the girls had both a father and a mother. We know for a fact, from the movie, that at least one of them had both. As for siblings-type in-laws, it becomes more complicated. Do the brothers counts as in-laws for each other? I doubt all of the girls had seven siblings each. The one that is shown with her parents might have none. The median between 0 and 7 is 4 so, for the purposes of argument you might say that there are 4X7 sibling-in-laws from the girl’s side and the 7 on the boys side plus the 14 parental units. That makes 49 in-laws as my best estimate.

marilyn´s last blog post..Manic Monday: A bird may love a fish

Comment: