Be honest.  Would you trust this person?

Taken by itself, this portrait looks like one of those Most Wanted poster shots in the Post Office.  Look at his grainy skin.  The stark black and white features.  The thick eyebrows.  Barely existent beady eyes.  Thinly veiled smile that surely belies a terrorist heart ready to jump out at you just for looking at him cross-eyed.

I’m not surprised that they use that format on wanted posters.  Ain’t nobody can look too good in those conditions.

This is what it looks like when you get your picture taken for our elementary school’s visitor badge.

I volunteered this morning and you can hear more about it by listening to my utter:

But take my word for it either way – if you have children in elementary school, take time to volunteer. Even if just once; even if just for 30 minutes; even if to just sit in class and watch. It’s worth it!

PS: A BIG Thank You to Ms Suarez, Jaden’s teacher.  You are incredible!  And patient. And helpful.  Did I mention patient?

And.

fully.

awesome!

Your picture scares me, I shall go hide now.

That picture is awesome!
    And I volunteer ALL the damn time. it would be great to see some other parents there once in a freaking while!

I think volunteering might be a whole lot more fun than homeschooling… If we do this parenthood thing again I may go that route. Homeschooling is just a lot of responsibility.

Still, middle-school teachers are my idols. They should go directly to heaven. First grade has got to be easy in comparison.

marilyn´s last blog post..Wordless Wedensday: Mini’s Hair Doo

• whall says:

marilyn – I’ve never homeschooled but I have relatives who do and in many ways I envy it. But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have the self-discipline for it. “Hey Jaden, let’s learn about motor control and reflexes today. Put in Star Wars: the Force Unleashed.”

Also, I wish I could utter as intelligibly as you do. Great job with the uterli thing.

marilyn´s last blog post..Wordless Wedensday: Mini’s Hair Doo

5. Faiqa says:

Hmm. ::cough::
    That picture looks like 75% of my male relatives.
    ::long silence::
    This is awkward.
    ::cough::
    So. You volunteered at your kid’s school. That’s nice.

• whall says:

Faiqa – well, that was kind of my point, but evidently not what YOU may have thought my point was. My point was that the images are usually so nondescript and vague, such that the image COULD be 75% of *anybody*. However, I sense that you’re relating your race or heritage specifically to my term “terrorist” and if that’s the case, it was not meant. I simply meant, if these Most Wanted people are so wanted, can’t we get better pictures??!?!?!?

Here are some other examples. See if you can guess who they are (assuming I do the raw HTML correctly in this comment):

I tried making a custom mugshot of you to help further my point, but out of the 100+ photos on Facebook, you were smiling and stunningly beautiful in each one. And I’m sorry, terrorists just aren’t smiling and beautiful (plus I didn’t feel like wasting the entire day with Photoshop/Gimp to try and make you NOT smiling and/or beautiful.)

I mentioned you in my post today.

marilyn´s last blog post..The Jannaburger

Ryan Seacrest FTW!

I hang out with terrorists daily. (Hellooooooo, NYC!)

Poppy´s last blog post..check, no wreck

PS – Looking forward to hanging out with this terrorist next weekend!

Poppy´s last blog post..check, no wreck

9. Ahahahaha!!!! I am laughing so hard!!!! You look good, but it does look like one of those Most Wanted posters! WANTED: Jaden’s Dad!!!

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..20 Years!

10. Renee says:

Looks just like a DPS picture. Oh yea…it is.

Comment: