May
2009
5:30 am

I’m gonna give this another go.  Follow along with me, won’t you?

First, I begged people to sign the petition to get my all-time favorite band YES into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (hint: go do it if you haven’t yet.)

Then, I announced to the world how lucky I was that I was going to get to see my favorite band *and* get to meet them.

Shortly after that, I lamented about the tour being canceled the day before my chance to meet them and losing out on the opportunity.

[time passes]

Well, it’s ON AGAIN!   WWWOOOOOOO-oo-HOOOOO!

I’m so pumped again!  On July 15th, YES and openers ASIA will be rocking the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, TX, only about 3hrs north of Austin.

Possibly the best part of this whole thing is that they completely branded and renamed the series in my honor:

Isn’t that sweet?  They named it the “Hall Series.”  *sniff*

And how cool is it to have Asia be the opening act?  Steve Howe will actually be doing double-duty and playing both with YES and ASIA, along with “original Asia members, including ex-YES and Buggles keyboardist Geoff Downes, ELP’s Carl Palmer on drums and former King Crimson and UK bassist/guitarist/vocalist John Wetton” (quoted from press release.)

Hmm.  Maybe I should try and host a blogger meet up the day before or after the show in the DFW area.  I *just* might be popular enough to get about 1/3rd of a person to show up.  Interesting.  I’d make sure I didn’t take appointments for it.  I’d call it WHALL-CON (get it? walk-on? no appointments?  I crack this house UP)

This is gonna be so. totally. whallsome!

You already ARE Whallsome!
    (And the picture up there of Yes makes them look like long dead presidents!)

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Been Caught Stealin’…

2. shiny says:

Sweet gates of delerium! Color me envious…

shiny´s last blog post..Slightly Inaccurate…

3. Janelle says:

Whallsome! I love it. Can we get that on a T-Shirt?

Janelle´s last blog post..Walking On Sand

• whall says:

Janelle – I do have some blog brand / marketing ideas that I just need to spend some time on. This one just makes it easier when I do find time to do it.

• Janelle says:

If you ever do get “Whallsome” on a shirt, I’m totally buying it! I mean, you can’t say it without laughing. It’s just a fun word to say. “Whallsome”. I love it!

Janelle´s last blog post..One Year

4. sue says:

Niiiiiice!

sue´s last blog post..I Can Barely Contain Myself…

I thought the $225 price tag seemed excessive… until I saw that you get a YES canvas tote with the package. How cool is THAT?!?

• whall says:

Dave2 – yes, awesomeness has a high price. But I figure I’ll probably get $300-$350 for the bag on ebay, and I’ll just swipe a couple while I’m there.

6. bubblewench says:

Have to say, turnin green.. Saw Yes last on their 90125 tour.. were pretty awesome! And I will admit that I just LOVE Asia!! Hope you have an amazingly awesome whall-derful time!

7. Sarah says:

Yay for getting to go again! You really are whallsome.

Sarah´s last blog post..Holy Fucking Awesome

Instead of Asia, the opening band should have been Whall & Oates.

Avitable´s last blog post..Censored, part deux

• whall says:

Avitable – heh! because I hear she’s a Wayne-eater. oh wait, this is family friendly. Adult Educwayntion. DOH! Rich Gwhall, no, You’ve lost That Whallin’ Feeling. yeah, that’s it!

Nice. This is pretty cool. Can’t wait to read the blog post.

martymankins´s last blog post..Random Leakage #10

Because the name “whallsome” has garnered so much attention I decided to make it a trademarked political sign.

Comment: