Hey there, my name is Hilly (snackiepoo, if you’re nasty) from Snackie’s World!  Most people who know me have heard of The PRB, my love for cupcakes, my incessant need to [bleeping] swear, my love for all things 80’s and uh…Snackie Sunday.  (Oh and the fact that I say “uh” just as much as I say [bleep]).  When Whallypoo asked me to guest post, I have to admit that I was extremely hesitant.  As much as I love Wayne and think he’s a [bleeping] amazing guy?  We don’t have many things in common.

For example, my favorite word is [bleepitybleepingbleeperbleeper] and Wayne doesn’t like to swear.  Hrm, or at least he doesn’t [bleeping] allow it on his blog.  As you can see, I’ve come up with a way to keep my “flavor” intact while still respecting his stinking wishes.  I’m sorta awesome like that.  Also?  Wayne likes to ride the elephant whereas I’m quite partial to the donkey.  In fact, I lean over so far left that I sometimes fall *off* of my donkey.  Hrm, what else?  Wayne is a family man through and through whereas I’m trying to figure out a way to date as many hot [bleeping] studs as possible once my divorce is final. Wayne also loves those [bleeping] LOL Cats.  [Bleep], he even creates his own!  If there is one Internet phenomenon that I cannot stand it is those [God bleeped, bleeping] LOL Cats.  They aren’t clever.  People may *think* they are being clever but no, you’re raping the English language, thanks.  (I think “raping” is not really a swear word so it stays).

Even with all of these differences between us, Wayne and I get along.  We share a love for blogging, tweeting and doing little things for others without thinking twice.  Wayne has a great heart and a great soul…because of that we remain friendly.  I have to believe, in my heart of hearts, that Wayne loves the 80’s just as much as I do.  He’s about my age and he knows the importance of a good era…or so I think.  [Bleep], I could be way off base here but whatever, this works in the context of achieving the best segue like…evar!  The thing about the 80’s is that it was my time…my formative years.  The movies of those days shaped me into this [bleeping] fantasticness that I am today!

Now that I’ve bored you, it’s time for…ws
WHICH MOVIE OR ACTOR “TAKES YOU BACK”?

Now then, some of you are young chickens…I get that.  Also, some of you are old-[bleep] chickens and I can dig that too.  With that being said, the movie or actor that “takes you back” to your formative years could be something out of a whole time frame where I never got a chance to groove.  So yeah, just pick your movie, your actor and get the [bleep] on with it.  Wayne and I don’t explain ourselves.  We’re doers…we’re too cool for school…we assume you’re as smart as we are.  Eh, we may be [bleeping bleepbags].

Oh wait, my answer!  Ha!  Any of the John Hughes films take me back and help me feel like I am young again.  My favorite film of that era is Weird Science.  In fact, I can recite that movie line for line but uh, I won’t because that is hella obnoxious.  (Hella is a surfer word, not really a swear word.)  What’s interesting about the actors from that movie is that when I see Robert Downey Jr. in movies, I’m not taken back at all.  Hrm, maybe because he’s made such a great career for himself?  However, whenever I see Anthony Michael Hall, I’m immediately quoting Farmer Ted or saying things like, “You’re absolutely right, Chet…you’re absolutely right!”.  Even when I watched The Dead Zone, I still felt all warm and tingly inside just knowing that I was watching Anthony Michael Hall!

Anywhalldle, it’s totally your [bleepingbleepingbleepbleepingbleep] turn!

Long Duck Dong Kisses,
Hilly

Any movie I love from the 80’s will immediately make me feel like I’m back in high school… and I absolutely agree those John Hughes films will do the trick. Though I’d probably single out “Sixteen Candles” as a favorite. It’s an eerily accurate glimpse of high school life at the time.

Dave2´s last blog post..Day Four: Savannah

“Sixteen Candles”, or “Vacation”, or “Back to School”; “Breakfast Club”, “Weird Science”… Oh wait – we’re supposed to name actors?! Crap!
    (Crap is not a bad word, right?)
    I think I’d have to go with Anthony Michael Hall, too – esp. since he was in all but one of the movies I named up there. But the 80’s had some good movies, for sure!!!

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Love….

3. Tracy Schwab says:

Wow, Hilly, you continue to scare me sometimes…my favorite “go-to” movie is (drum roll, please)…WEIRD SCIENCE. I love, love, love that movie, and got all excited because Netflix now has it as a streaming movie (I’ve never bought myself my own copy). Pretty much any John Hughes film takes me straight back to those golden days of my youth…but I could watch Weird Science 500 times and never get tired of it.

Tracy Schwab´s last blog post..Is There a "Rewind" Button On This Thing?

4. metalmom says:

Jeez, I’m a tad older than some of you…..

My favorites were the Disney flicks…The Love Bug, World’s Greatest Athlete, etc..

I’d better go take my Centrum Silver 🙁

5. Faiqa says:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie. I know it’s a bad movie. But I loved Luke Perry in high school. And I still do.

Faiqa´s last blog post..Censored

Actor wise, it would be John Cusack who takes me back. From movies like the aforementioned “Sixteen Candles” to “Better Off Dead” and “The Sure Things”, Cuscak is set in stone as the actor in those movies that take me back.

But if I had to pick a movie that takes me “back” (pun intended) it’s “Back To The Future” Not only was the main character named Marty, it cemented my love of wishing I had lived in the 50’s. That trilogy is a long time favorite (and on my list of Top Nine Movies – http://www.banalleakage.com/2009/02/19/top-nine-favorite-movies/ )

BTW, Wayne doesn’t swear in real life either. At least I didn’t hear any potty worth words being uttered from his lips at TequilaCon.

martymankins´s last blog post..Random Leakage #10

7. Becky says:

“Pretty in Pink” and “Sixteen Candles” bring me back every time! You have John Cusak, AMH, and so many others. Those are the epitome of teen movies. Great question!

8. Real Genius. That is my “the way college was” movie – even though it came out a few years before I was in college. I hung out with serious geeks, I was a serious geek (I was as hyper as Jordan but I kept it all inside), we were constantly egregiously clever. (One of our group was a guy who noticed, in the second-season opening credits of ST:TNG, that the sun “was coming up around the wrong side of Saturn” – that, essentially, the CG was a bit less perfect than it could have been. Unless the Enterprise was taking the scenic route out of the solar system.) None of us built any lasers, though.

• snackiepoo says:

Forgive me…I have to make a confession. I’ve never seen Real Genius. Seriously, I was never into SciFi or anything geeky at all growing up. Marrying a big geeky game designer pretty much inducted me into becoming the halfway geek that I am today!

snackiepoo´s last blog post..Snackie Sunday #111: Off The Whall

• The movie definitely appealed more toward geeks than the general public. Even if you were into “scifi”, it might not have appealed to you (especially if you just watched science fiction for the ’splodey bits/epic battles.)

• whall says:

You really should see it – I can loan you my copy if you wish. You definitely don’t need to be a geek to enjoy it. It’s Val Kilmer FFS! (heh, see how I worked that in there?)

You know, I’ve actually posted a little about this movie (ok, actor) before. In fact, I still wear my Real Genius Val Kilmer T-shirt that sourpuss turned me onto.

9. Molly Ringwald is the one who takes me back because she really hasn’t done anything after that to change her image. I think it’s a toss up between Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club for my favorite. You really can’t beat having the grandparents sleeping in your bed for flashbacks!

floating princess´s last blog post..Mopquest

10. Stephanie says:

It’s got to be The Breakfast Club. A stellar group of fine (ahem) young actors. “Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?”

Classic.

Stephanie´s last blog post..See Ya In The Funny Papers!

11. The movie definitely appealed more toward geeks than the general public. Even if you were into “scifi”, it might not have appealed to you (especially if you just watched science fiction for the ‘splodey bits/epic battles.)

Michael J. Fox, for obvious reasons, I presume.

Ren´s last blog post..Happy Mothers’ Day

OMBG Hilly!

I’d have to fire a quality ‘second’ to Real Genius, Weird Science, Back To The Future, and Breakfast Club.

I have to add Xanadu and Dune of course.

*duck*

Hey, I gotta be me.

And I *can* swear when the situation calls for it. Profanity can be funny if well placed. And I’m guessing when I ever get to meet you, it will be the right situation 🙂

14. avitable says:

Back to the Future and Ferris Bueller.

avitable´s last blog post..Avitable’s guide to when it’s okay to abuse your wife

15. Cris says:

Not movies so much, but a few years ago I heard the song, “When I need You,” by Leo Sayer and it was like the first year of high school all over again. I was so nostalgic I went into the master bathroom at home and gave myself a swirly.

Cris´s last blog post..Your Heart Any Fonder?

16. I’m gonna have to go with “The Breakfast Club” (even though I didn’t see it til I was fourteen bc well, so not old enough to handle TBC when it came out).

Other childhood favorites : Monster Squad, Howard the Duck and Hocus Pocus. Weird Science ranks up there for me too. But I don’t think I have a specific actor that “takes me back”.

Sheila (Charm School Reject)´s last blog post..Happy Mothers Day

17. Denise says:

Sixteen Candles, hands down. (I’m still in love with Jake Ryan.)

Denise´s last blog post..An open letter to a young man upon his eighteenth birthday

Comment: