May
2009
11:31 pm

Today I decided to do some of those “stumper” questions on Jaden.  It’s how I teach my kids valuable lessons, like I did with Caitlin and the word “gullible”.

Play along!

Me: Hey Jaden, what color was George Washington’s white horse?

Jaden: I don’t know. What?

Me (repeating with emphasis): What color was George Washington’s WHITE horse?

Jaden (smiling): Oh, White!

Me: Good job.  What do you put into a toaster?

Jaden (thinking): Toast!

Me: No, you get toast out of a toaster.  You put bread in a toaster.

Jaden: Oh… (smiles again)

Me: What do cows drink?

Jaden: Uh, milk!

Me: No, you get milk out of cows.  Cows drink water.

Jaden (pauses): Baby cows drink milk…

Me: (stumped)

Dangit.  I hate losing this game.

Cows should drink beer. I could use some beermilk that I can pour over my breakfast cereal to get my day started.

Dave2´s last blog post..Regrets

2. jenny says:

Schooled! Reminds me of a joke my nephew told me: Q: A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays for only three days, and rides out of town on Friday. How is that possible?

A: Friday is his horse.

Ba dum bum!

jenny´s last blog post..Juggle

I love getting stumped by my kid!
    It just doesn’t happen too often….

Sybil Law´s last blog post..Birthday!

4. Janelle says:

Too Funny!

Janelle´s last blog post..I want her summer vacation…

You can totally put toast in a toaster if you need to toast it more, too. And George Washington’s white horse was actually purple. True story.

Avitable´s last blog post..Lazy Friday: 300 baud modem from 1964

• whall says:

Avitable – the question wasn’t “what CAN you put in a toaster” because there are many answers to that. But I agree – I usually make toast for my egg+cheese sandwiches, and for those, I like it lightly toasted. But sometimes it’s too light, so re-toasting is called for.

However, I should point out that Battlestar fans answer that question with “lots of bullets”.

6. Raganator says:

LOL CATS!!!!!!

7. Tug says:

Go JADEN!! That’s awesome…and I vote for Dave’s idea!

Tug´s last blog post..Rocky Mountain High

8. Fantastagirl says:

I’m thinking my kids will love this game!

Fantastagirl´s last blog post..Where Tink escorts a senior

That was hilarious. Jaden is a mini-you.

Poppy´s last blog post..The difference

10. Faiqa says:

It’s my understanding that the above post will now be used as a basic literacy exam in the state of Texas. 🙂

Faiqa´s last blog post..Thirty One Weeks And Counting… A Bullet Post

11. Sarcastica says:

Hah! Ya know at one of the RIDE programs (where cops set up shop and stop you to make sure you aren’t drinking) I had a cop ask me some mind warp questions too — one of them being “what do cows drink?” I replied the same – milk, and he said “No! They drink water!” and I was like “well ya, but they start out drinking milk!” and he laughed…cause its true. And I’m rambling. AHH sorry

Sarcastica´s last blog post..I COULD write a totally epic post…

• whall says:

Sarcastica – usually the cops just ask me if I’m carrying any weapons. I usually respond with “what do you need?” /stevenwright.

Jaden is a genius! And Jasmine likes Fred too so she must be a genius too. I haven’t been by because I thought you stopped blogging due to your richness from that e-mail thing.

marilyn´s last blog post..I’m an Aunt Again

• whall says:

marilyn – I’m glad you noticed – I’ve actually hired an outside consultant to do my blogging for me, and the comments. Even now, I’m talking as if I’m me, but really it’s a consultant. A very attractive, funny, smart consultant who is awesome.

Sucks when your kid is smarter than you, sucks even more when your cat is smarter than you (guess which one is about me).

14. Smart little man! (oh hey! that’s my blog badge in your sidebar! thx!….sorry that distracted me, lol). Here’s a question I saw on a t-shirt the other day. Let me know if you have the answer:

If you own land, do you own it all the way to the center of the earth?

BlondeBlogger´s last blog post..I Always Feel Like Somebody’s Watching Me

• whall says:

BB – or the related question: “When you own land, do you own everything above it, all the way to heaven?” and was the subject of a neat Science Fiction story about the man who owned the Moon because he owned the parcel of land that was directly under it.

Comment: