I happened to watch a Buck Rogers episode over the weekend (I love nostalgia) and was once again slammed to the floor speechless at how pretty Erin Gray was.

erin gray

For those of you who don’t know, Erin Gray played Col. Wilma Deering in the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show.  Just listening to the title sequence fires off my nostalgic receptors.  And I always loved how elegantly beautiful Erin Gray was.

I was so moved I had to tweet about it

tweet-erin-gray

And I got a few good responses from twitter and facebook, which surprised me at first given that this was after midnight.  Then I realized it was after midnight after the 4th of July, and it made more sense.

tweet-erin-2

facebook-erin

There were two mentions of Princess Ardala, and I couldn’t quite remember who exactly that was, but I had a suspicion that they were talking about the other really attractive lady in the episode I was watching (Flight of the War Witch, 1 of 2).

princess-ardala

Eh.  She’s ok, but she’s overdone.  And as a character?  How can you fall for someone you can’t trust?  Col Wilma Deering would have your back no matter what, no matter what color spandex she had to wear.  Princess Ardala would trade your soul for a new sequin, no matter what color she had to put up with.

It’s time to set this to rest.

So. Which one?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Trukindog says:

Most certainly Erin Gray no question about it !
    .-= Trukindog´s last blog ..PATENT #2196914 =-.

Oh please. Erin Gray was both pretty and capable… but I’ll take the bratty, spoiled, brutally hot princess parading around in her metal bikini any day! And she’s not overdone, she’s simply a precursor to the excess of the 80’s that would soon follow, where all the girls dressed like that.
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Bullet Sunday 139 =-.

Erin Gray doesn’t look like Grace Jones, so I vote for her.
    .-= Avitable´s last blog ..Learn How to Use Dirty Talk, the Avitable Way =-.

4. Hilly says:

Kate Summers Stratton, that’s all I’m saying. I mean, that’s the first I heard of Erin Gray, proving that I really didn’t come into my geekdom until later in life and even then, eh…I suck. 😉

Anyway, I’ll vote for her based on looks alone.
    .-= Hilly´s last blog ..Even The Purchase Of Lube Is “Fated”… =-.

GAH.
    I can’t even believe this is a question – Erin Gray!
    The other chick looks manly.

6. kapgar says:

Wilma Deering was the one and only person that would make me, as a young boy, and my dad want to fight for possession rights.
    .-= kapgar´s last blog ..Gave proof through the night… =-.

Erin Gray reminds me of Sophia Bush somehow.
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Quarantined =-.

I am unqualified to vote in this pole. As my husband would say… Neither of them do anything for me (he likes to follow that up with, “but then I never asked them to, either”.)

On the other hand, if I squint just right, the purple chick could look a little like a man in drag…. Okay. I’ll vote for her.

Wilma Deering is the hawtness.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Something’s Missing =-.

10. Faiqa says:

Ummm, didn’t you hear that she came back in time and became the assistant of toy magnate, Edward Stratton III and later married him? Becoming step mother to, of course, the cute as buttons Ricky Stratton. Who I loved with all my heart and soul.

And she is waaay prettier than she-male in a lame (lamaay, not “lame”) bikini up there.
    .-= Faiqa´s last blog ..Nesting =-.

Comment: