Ever wonder?

The above can is what we found after we started looking for the culprit for this:

At least it’s easy to clean up.

Which is more than I can say for my brain.  My brain needs to be cleaned out something fierce.  It’s full of wacky conspiracy theories right now, and they work out pretty amazingly in my head but I lack the time or proper motivation to adequately explain them.

One of them is about the swine flu media frenzy, the government recently ordering 195 million vaccines (and another 120 million does of “stretcher material to make more available), a filibuster-proof Democratically-controlled Senate, and an all-powerful entrancing President.  Do we really know there’s any swine flu (H1N1) going on, or do we just trust some reports from somewhere else?  Supposedly, only one state had more “confirmed cases” than Texas, but still I wonder – do we really know anything?

What if the government mandated all Americans (or at least everyone but children and the elderly) they must take some drug?  Would we all just take it?  Would the government portray “dissenters” as terrorists?  Would they label gun-owning Republicans as enemies of the state?

If we look through history, all we know for certain is that we’ve never known anything for certain.  From the earth being flat to the moon being cheese; from Pangaea to plate techtonics; from the inherent flaws of carbon dating to our understanding of relativity and spacetime… we as humans constantly struggle against conventional wisdom vs facts vs interpretation of the facts.  Religious figures, politicians, scientists, and scholars each have their biases, both active and passive that in retrospect sometimes border on the criminal.

The ridicule, ostracizing, vilification and lynching done by our society at those who brought “truth” before we were ready is staggering to behold.

I wish I made more time to investigate these lines of thought, but here is where I lay them down for now.

By the way, if I mysteriously get hit by the beer truck after post, someone please look for me.  Or if I’m suddenly charged with some strange crime or you find out I was the Unibomber 2.0, don’t necessarily take it for truth.

And question everything.  Especially me and my wacky conspiracy theories.

1. Kris says:

Mmmm….coke slushie….
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..Why? What? When? Who? =-.

Haha
    Honestly, I am pretty wary of “new” vaccines, etc. I think when I was younger and heard all about the DES debacle, I’ve always thought, “How do they know that in 10 years, they aren’t going to decide *this* causes death?”
    I am weird that way, though.
    .-= Sybil Law´s last blog ..Can’t we all just get along?!!! =-.

3. Kim says:

I recently was in the ER and I overheard the lady who checks people in on the phone with the health department (someone else told her it was them on the phone) talking about testing people for it. We’ve had quite a few confirmed cases up here (near Buffalo and Niagara Falls), including one in my workplace. Fortunately they are on another floor and I have had no contact with that individual.
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Warning: Children can cause serious injury. =-.

4. Kim says:

Might I add, that doesn’t mean I’m running out and getting any vaccination for myself or my son. We never get any flu shots, I’m wary of that crap.
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Warning: Children can cause serious injury. =-.

5. Faiqa says:

Me? I’m extremely wary and downright defiant of the government mandating anything having to do with my personal health and lifestyle. I would so be marked as a terrorist if vaccines were mandatory. Which, you know, is not very different by how I’m probably perceived currently by certain government agencies, anyway. Heh.

I’m also wary of any body or personality of government that is supposed to be doted over like they’re that cute kid that sitcom writers inject during the last phase of a sitcom that has run its course. This is probably the one thing that has kept me from registering as a Democrat. And that makes me as crazy as you are.
    .-= Faiqa´s last blog ..37 Weeks and Counting: A Bullet Post =-.

I’ve had something blow up in the fridge before, but not like that.

Still wishing they made real Coke with Lime (non-diet)
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Self Distraction =-.

7. Nobody™ says:

You, sir, should run for president. Oh wait, there’s no way that someone with any common sense would be elected.
    .-= Nobody™´s last blog ..I want this =-.

I left a glass bottle of soda in my car once, it froze as it pushed off the bottle top. Looked like something from Myth Busters.
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Woodstock 99 10 Years Later =-.

Comment: