It’s official.

Ren and I are going to Vegas for our birthdays this December.

If I had the time and inclination, I’d photoshop our faces into this apropos movie poster.  I’m still trying to figure out which of us would be which actor.

Both of us have birthdays in December, and we were chatting it up during pool league how we need to do another road trip. You know, like our TequilaCon 2009 road trip where we took video but I never made a DITL, er I mean RITL (Roadtrip In The Life) for it?  *THAT* kind of road trip.

Then it hit us that we should go to Vegas.

Turns out there’s already a big blogger birthday bash going on during my actual birthday (Saturday the 12th), and there are a million or so bloggers going.  So after comparing flights, holiday vacation travel for the Halls (what I like to call Hall-iday travel), vacation time from work and hotel options, we made our plans.

Friday the 11th to Monday the 14th.   Join us!

What makes the accommodations especially cool is my RCI membership – we snagged an entire week at a resort for pretty cheap.  We’re not staying the whole week, but it ended up being cheaper than a hotel would have cost per night during the days we’ll be there, AND we get a full kitchen.

The blogger bash is going on at Planet Hollywood and place we chose to stay at is just a couple blocks from there.  Ren’s not on Facebook, but so far out of the 40+ people confirmed attending, I only recognize two faces, and one of them is mine.

attending

So I will finally be able to meet Adam.

I wonder.  Is the blogosphere ready for us to meet?

Here’s the official (is it official? it LOOKS official) link and picture that includes the obligatory Elvis, coming from the folks I’ve never heard of at Room 704.  All I know about them is that they are women and drinking is somehow involved.  What more can you ask for?

1. I didn’t know those other people so I wasn’t planning on going.

But having you and Ren there would make it worth it.

Unfortunately for you (and fortunately for Vegas), that’s Little Dude’s birthday weekend so I can’t go. ::sad face::

TequilaCon or Bust! Right? Right? Dang.

Wait, I’m doing what? Who are you? How did you get this number?
    .-= Ren´s last blog ..Happy Birthday, Hilly! =-.

I am not ready for you and Adam to meet. If I met both of you in Vegas I’m pretty sure it would take 3 weeks of medication to get rid of whatever I left there with.
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Wildebeests and Bibles =-.

I’m glad you guys are making the trip. It should be fun!
    .-= Avitable´s last blog ..So you say it’s your birthday . . . =-.

I am seething with jealousy.
    SEETHING.
    Well, irritated. And jealous. Cause I am pretty sure I won’t be able to go. WAH!
    .-= Sybil Law´s last blog ..Please. =-.

6. kapgar says:

Since my birthday’s also in December, have several drinks for me.
    .-= kapgar´s last blog ..I’m gonna set you free… =-.

7. Raganator says:

That sounds so fun.

But hope yall don’t get married or lucky with each other like the movie poster.

In the photoshop version you should be Cameron… and that’s the only opinion I have about that. Except, have fun!

9. Faiqa says:

I was so going to go to Vegas for that party, but then I saw you were going and I was, like, No way that guy stood me up at Avitaween, I’m gonna make him pay.

I hope you cry yourself to sleep over that tonight.

10. Nobody™ says:

Man, I wish I could be there, Vegas rocks.. It’s usually pretty cheap to fly to Vegas from here, and I guess I could do the same as you and use a week from RCI, but I try to save those for family events since I’m not actually an RCI member and just “steal” weeks from my folks. PH is a nice joint, you gotta eat at their buffet. It’s the best I’ve had in Vegas, though I admit I haven’t come close to trying them all.
    .-= Nobody™´s last blog ..The Heart of Darkness =-.

I really wish I could make this trip. I mean, for now, there is still the slight chance, but it’s less than 15%, which at this point, means not going to happen. But if the stars align and some nice travel op drops into my lap, then I may just find myself buying drinks for you and Ren.

Regardless, take lots of photos.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Birthday Interruption =-.

12. Al_Pal says:

Here’s the official (is it official? it LOOKS official) link and picture that includes the obligatory Elvis, coming from the folks I’ve never heard of at Room 704. All I know about them is that they are women and drinking is somehow involved. What more can you ask for

Heh. Awesome.
    .-= Al_Pal´s last blog ..My new creative outlet: Bread Puddings! =-.

Comment: