Yesterday on the way home my daughter and I saw car with a customized Dallas Cowboy license plate with the phrase

WWJJD

Since I’m not a big Cowboys fan, it took me a while to realize what the extra “J” was doing in there.  Haha, clever.

But then I remembered something I heard in one of the videos I had posted earlier about innovation, and something the speaker said stuck in my head then, and that was WWCD.  WWCD stood for What Would Croeses (cresus) do?  Croeses was famous for his wealth.  In today’s terms, you might think Bill Gates, George Sorros or Donald Trump.  When posed with an intriguing problem, one way to generate ideas on how to solve the problem would think – What would someone with near unlimited resources do to solve the problem?  By going down that road, the act brainstorming can pick up tons of fodder that can be sorted out later on.

It didn’t take me long to turn the focus to where it belonged – on me, naturally – so I asked myself “how could I brand WWWD?”  What Would Wayne Do?  But then I figured – who cares about what *I’d* do?

What people REALLY want to know is… what do I want?  The important thing is for what THEY can do for ME.

So now I bring you, WWWW – What Would Wayne Want?  A new series on ye olde blog of whall where you can stay in-the-know of things I want so you may do your duty to Whall and to country.

In the first installment, I want you to go wish Miss Britt a happy birthday.  She turned 30 this past week, and a select few of us took the time and submitted happy birthday videos and photos, and some random guy on the Internet went and made a video of it all.  And I made the cut!!!

PS: I think that guy should be strung up.  I mean, he made her cry.  CRY!  As if there isn’t enough pain in this world, he goes and makes the tears fall.  Horrible, horrible man.

1. bubblewench says:

My fave is WWJCD… JC=Johnny Cash 🙂
    .-= bubblewench´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

There was one I saw some years ago that was WWMD = What Would Manson Do (as in Marilyn Manson).

And I sent Miss Britt at least 4 different birthday wishes last weekend (Twitter, Facebook, her blog and somewhere else) Oh to be 30 again.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..What Happens Before Vegas =-.

3. Hitcher North says:

bubblewench says:
    January 21, 2010 at 10:35 am
    My fave is WWJCD… JC=Johnny Cash
    bubblewench´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday

My first thought on WWJJD = was What would Jesse James do ? The bank robber, not the West Coast Chopper/ Sandra Bullock husband.

4. Absurdist says:

Dude, it hasn’t been THAT long since I’ve seen you. When did all that gray hit your beard and hair?
    .-= Absurdist´s last blog ..Why Your Money Is In Good Hands In Banks =-.

• whall says:

Absurdist – I ordered it on the Internet. You can get these “wishing people birthday kits” where you can color your hair with grey, add some weight, and create wrinkles so when you make a video tape birthday wish for someone, you look a LOT older than them. It’s my way of caring.

Um, I’ve already done those things. I use plural because I’ve wished Britt a Happy Birthday in many, many ways.
    .-= Sybil Law´s last blog ..An Introduction =-.

I do not like this post. I don’t want to have to care about what Wayne Wants when I’m already too busy caring about what Dave2 Wants. It’s all about me up in here, and you’re just confusing things.
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Imitator =-.

7. Faiqa says:

I always thought it was WWFD.

(Sigh, What would *Faiqa* do, NOT what would *Fidel* do… I mean, I know I’m a liberal, but I’m not a *communist* or anything).

Comment: