June
2010
12:23 am

Those who have been following us on Twitter are in the know already, but just to put it down here for the record, some pretty amazing bloggers got together Saturday night for a meetup.  I’m in the DC area for work, and although I’ve enjoyed the electronic company and digital friendship over the years, until this very week, I’ve done so without the benefit of us ever having met.

I’m happy to report that this problem has been rectified.

The time we spent at The Cheesecake Factory was, in a word, rich.  Period.  That’s the only word that describes our all-too-short time together.  The smiles and laughs were in plentiful supply, the food was incredible, and durable bonds were formed.

However, I’m not getting paid on this blog to write, and you and I both know readers only care about pictures, so I’ll dispense with the review get on to the eye candy.

me and BlondeBlogger living it up

me and BlondeBlogger striking a pose

me and BlondeBlogger, enjoying a great night out

Wow, what a fantastic meeting.  We made fast friends with our helpful waiter, shared appetizers and engaging conversation, and now we’ve each added a worthy entry to our “have actually met in real life” list.   The decision to invite online friends to IRL-land is almost always one that pays off well, and tonight was no exception.

The astute few who read this blog might be asking yourself a question by this time.  A question that’s been nagging you since you started reading my post.

I understand completely, and you got me.  You might wonder about the title of this post and ask yourself “what is BBDC?”  I’m so glad you asked!  I was so busy showing off the pictures that I forgot to explain what that term means.  BBDC is a blogger meetup that BlondeBlogger (BB) is planning for later this year in DC.  The date and exact location is still TBD, so follow her on twitter to find out more.  If you’re anywhere near the area or can come to town during the specified time, be sure to plan for it as it’s going to be a ton of fun.

So now you know about BBDC.  However, I feel like I’m forgetting something.

OH MAN THE CHEESECAKE.

I’d expected the cheesecake at a place called “The Cheesecake Factory” to be good, but I wasn’t expecting the incredible and amazingly rich perfection that was delivered to our table.  I ordered the Banana Cream Cheesecake, with a la mode and it was WORTH it.  If you’ve had it – you know what I’m talking abot.  If you haven’t had it, you should.

BlondeBlogger had the Adam’s Peanut Butter cheesecake, which looked positively inviting.  It took a lot of self-discipline to not just swipe it away and keep it to myself, but I was able to get through it thanks to my own order.

Alright, I appreciate you reading through this far.

Wait.

Now that I’m retelling the night’s activities, I seem to recall that someone else might have been there with us.  Give me a second, for sometimes I’m terrible with names and stuff.

Hmmm.

OH! I know!

Wait, no.. I had it there for a minute, but then I lost it.

*light bulb*, NOW I remember.  A guy named Super Shiny Man joined us, and also… Sorry about that guys, I wish I could remember more of what went on or whatever.  I’m kind of spacing here.  Let me check my camera again, because who knows, I might have a picture or something.

Ah, here we go.

Here’s the Shiny guy (is that even his name?):

BlondeBlogger, Shiny Dude and me

I’m pretty sure he said something, but he lost me right right when he brought up the thing about the stuff.

After reviewing some more of the pictures buried in my camera, I discovered that some girl named Alana or Alaska was most likely there with us.  Wait, her name was Amanda.  I’m not 100% sure, but I think Amanda is BlondeBlogger’s copy editor or coworker or something.  In actuality, for all I know, she might have been someone hanging around people’s tables looking for someone to pay for her meal or offer her a bite of the cheesecake.

I was able to find a picture of her if anyone cares.

BlondeBlogger, Amanda and me.  But mainly BlondeBlogger and me.

All in all, a very memorable evening.

Any headway made with plans to overthrow the Obama Administration? 🙂

Glad you had fun!
    Dave2´s last blog post ..Day One: Alkmaar

2. Geekytaitai says:

I love meet-ups like this. I’ve met you and Shiny, but I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting BlondeBlogger. I hope to at later this year. I’m glad you had fun!

3. metalmom says:

It looks like you guys had a blast. If not for a pesky thing called “graduation” I would have joined you all down there for sure. I’m glad y’all had a good time. (LOL@ShinyDude)

4. hahahahaha! *dying* i actually have no idea who she is…i thought you did. how did she end up having cheesecake with us AND on the roller coaster in that last picture? 😉 i think you might have a stalker!

5. seriously….had SUCH a great time meeting you and super shiny man in person! you both are so much fun to hang out with!
    BlondeBlogger´s last blog post ..Frigidiare Makes Dish Washing Fun!

Yeah! I was thinking, “WTF? How did BBDC or whatever happen and I wasn’t told?!” Glad you clarified!
    Looks like an awesome time, with beautiful people. 🙂
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..update

• whall says:

Sybil Law – I believe Ren rated meeting you as an “A+ Experience, Highly Recommended, +++!+!++!++!+!++!! WOULD DO AGAIN! AMAZING, Fast Shipping”.

then again, I may have mistaken that for an ebay comment.

Beta BBDC. Always thinking like an IT person. So was there an Alpha BBDC? *smirk*

Seriously, looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And BB is very stunning. Wow. Lucky guy that bootubious.
    martymankins´s last blog post ..All Things Cherry

• whall says:

Marty – As Betas go, this one was a smashing success. Usually betas fall apart, have bugs and cause heartache for most involved. But we could have launched if we wanted to!

8. awww, you are too kind, marty! sybil, i will definitely tell you!! and wayne…i JUST now caught the word “rich.” duh. LMAO!
    BlondeBlogger´s last blog post ..Frigidiare Makes Dish Washing Fun!

That was your first time eating at the Cheesecake Factory? For shame!

There’s a small chance I’m going to come to the actual BBDC, but we’ll see. It would be fun, I’m sure!
    Avitable´s last blog post ..Dogs > cats

cheesecake. I am in favor of it.
    marilyn´s last blog post ..Manic Monday

• whall says:

marilyn – no kidding. Quite probably the best cheesecake I’ve ever had in my life. Perhaps having little to no sugar/carbs for four months had something to do with it, but then again, I’m ok with continuing to think it didn’t.

11. Sheila says:

Dang. BB is smokin’ hot.

Anyway.

I’ve never eaten at The Cheesecake Factory either so don’t feel too alone my fellow Republican.

Though I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting BB, Shiny is quite the amazing person to hang out with.

12. shiny says:

I suppose I’m stymied as to why in the photo of me — I’m actually the right-most one in the picture while my political leanings should have put me on the opposite side? 🙂

‘Twas a wonderful time — Great meeting and hanging out with BB, Amanda and Wayne. And I’m glad that people are thrilled at the prospect of BB/DC! Hope to see you all there…
    shiny´s last blog post ..An Open Letter to a Grieving Friend